SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NY Times: "‘Please, God, Don’t Let Me Get Stopped’: Around Atlanta, No Sanctuary for Immigrants"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NY Times: "‘Please, God, Don’t Let Me Get Stopped’: Around Atlanta, No Sanctuary for Immigrants" Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I also say if the big cities that truly want to be sanctuaries take the illegals, let them. Let the illegals overburden their public services, infrastructure and lifestyle until the locals finally say they've had enough and something gets done.

A noteworthy plan, Edmond, but understand it is your and my FEDERAL tax dollars that are used to aid and abet the illegal activities of sanctuary cities. If all the money was garnered from the LOCAL government, that plan might work. But as long as my hard-earned Federal dollars are supporting this bullshit, all these illegals need to be rounded up and deported and those aiding and abetting the sanctuary city model should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

JMHO...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Then federal funds should be cut off from the sanctuary cities. Big Grin

It's basically an invasion by the illegals and they should be dealt with as invaders.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree 1,000%!!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the "feel good" story of the day !!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
good story

I want them to be afraid, always looking over their shoulders, unsure of whats going to happen next

find these cockroaches, deport them

all of them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
No cucarachas aqui.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice this little tid bit about the criminals in the article? Two work as custodians in schools. I would think that ATL schools would have the ability to e verify their employees, wouldn't they?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Then federal funds should be cut off from the sanctuary cities. Big Grin

It's basically an invasion by the illegals and they should be dealt with as invaders.

And the governmental facilitators treated as collaborator/traitors during an invasion.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Did anyone else notice this little tid bit about the criminals in the article? Two work as custodians in schools. I would think that ATL schools would have the ability to e verify their employees, wouldn't they?

It’s a requirement. Obviously the school system is using private contractors for custodial duties now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34421 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asked whether he had any reservations about helping readers evade immigration law, he said he preferred to think he was helping people with no criminal records stay in the country. “Honestly, I believe it’s an honor as a journalist if the people can use your information for protecting their own families,” he said.

By being here illegally, they have already broken the law and hence will have a criminal record when caught.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Around Atlanta, No Sanctuary for Immigrants
Once again we have nothing but blatant dishonesty by the media. 'Legal' immigrants need no sanctuary because they're welcome to be here. Only 'illegals' by virtue of them having broken Federal immigration law, are unwelcome, and in need of a place to hide.

This is exactly why I loathe the media.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post