SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun Free Zones - Massad Ayoob offers a Solution to Stop Mass School Shootings.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Free Zones - Massad Ayoob offers a Solution to Stop Mass School Shootings. Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Good video from Massad Ayoob. He is probably pretty much preaching to the choir here about gun free zones but might be useful in helping some others to understand the problem better, especially that the proposed solution by the democrats always is to ban ownership of "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" by law abiding citizens with more states facing that right now including Oregon, Washington, Illinois, and possibly Michigan. I never understood the logic of taping "gun free safe zones" signs to the doors of schools and other places and then being surprised when a mass shooting happens in one time and time again.

It's going to be a very interesting new year in 2023 regarding Second Amendment civil rights with the Bruen decision last year dictating that the Second Amendment is not a second class right. We should hear more news about gun laws in California and New York very soon. I have found Washington Gun Law and Guns and Gadgets to be extremely informative on what is happening on the Second Amendment Rights front with frequent videos on You Tube.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, does that mean that the Bruen decision can be used to require the government to eliminate NFA? Also, if there were no background checks in 1791 (or 1868 for that matter as long as you had the “right” skin color), why isn’t the current NICS background check system an obvious infringement as well?

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I had thought about it as well. I was half expecting Mas to say "if I'm there, it's not a gun-free zone". Too many Colorado.

Colion posted a good video

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
So, does that mean that the Bruen decision can be used to require the government to eliminate NFA? Also, if there were no background checks in 1791 (or 1868 for that matter as long as you had the “right” skin color), why isn’t the current NICS background check system an obvious infringement as well?

Only time will tell but their priorities seem to be AWB, magazine bans, carry laws by the cases that were remanded during Bruen which we should hear about sooner than later. Also ATF should be neutered to do what it was designated to do after their EPA decision which limits what agencies can do and is important considering the pistol brace crap they are trying to pull. Red flag laws are being challenged too right now. We will see a whole lot of legal activity this year regarding Second Amendment issues and it is important to contribute financially to our favorite Second Amendment Rights groups as all that is not cheap.

https://reason.com/2022/07/01/...text=Bruen.,Maryland's%20%22assault%20weapon%22%20ban.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Thanks for posting. I had thought about it as well. I was half expecting Mas to say "if I'm there, it's not a gun-free zone". Too many Colorado.

Colion posted a good video

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VPcSC21jYpw" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Good to see more and more people defending themselves. In Chicago area there have been quite a few car jacking victims who have been shooting back too. I wish the media would publicize it more but it does not fit their agenda. I also never hear reporting about a mass shooting that it was done in a "gun free safe zone" either. Roll Eyes