SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cardboard G19...Fully functioning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cardboard G19...Fully functioning Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Cardboard guns are impressive enough, but one that is folding and has a fully-functional striker system? Not next level, but the level above that...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16361 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The level of engineering for this was off the scale.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15588 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the form and function and fit and finish. With basically paper, tooth picks, and balloon scraps.

That was really fun to watch it come together.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So who's going to be the first forum member to make one of these? Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16361 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Wow Eek

Thanks Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. Can't wait to see the HK P7 version.

Posts: 813 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Found a P30...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Fascinating. Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Why stop at handguns?...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Super cool! The level of detail and precise measurements is amazing. I imagine the type and thickness of the cardboard is critical...

... but, heads up, there is a specific warning NOT to repost this YouTubers videos on any other social media platform, with threats of legal actions if they find out.

"reposting this video on other social medias platform is strictly not allowed. This channel copyrights are protected by a third party company. Any platform that reposts this video will be striked down."

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Good catch. Para, you better nuke this thread.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Eh, I'll be impressed when he can come up with a cardboard gun that truly fully functioning, i.e., shooting real boolits. Razz

Q

Posts: 26410 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^^Good catch. Para, you better nuke this thread.

I'm no legal expert, but I would think if you deleted the embedded videos, and just posted the You Tube video links I would think you would be GTG.

FWIW, thanks for sharing! I'm amazed by the level of design and precision that went into these.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Super cool! The level of detail and precise measurements is amazing. I imagine the type and thickness of the cardboard is critical...

... but, heads up, there is a specific warning NOT to repost this YouTubers videos on any other social media platform, with threats of legal actions if they find out.

"reposting this video on other social medias platform is strictly not allowed. This channel copyrights are protected by a third party company. Any platform that reposts this video will be striked down."

I think the content creator is referring to people who download his video then reupload it on accounts that are not owned by the content creator so they get the clicks/views/revenue vs. the original content creator.

The fact that you're embedding his videos on a forum gives the original content creator the views/clicks/revenue.

Posts: 813 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Maybe so. What you say makes sense, but I'm just not not legal saavy enough to know for sure one way or the other.

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
I think the content creator is referring to people who download his video then reupload it on accounts that are not owned by the content creator so they get the clicks/views/revenue vs. the original content creator.

The fact that you're embedding his videos on a forum gives the original content creator the views/clicks/revenue.

This is correct. No downloading and and then uploading to other accounts. If he did not want the video to be embedded on other websites, he could simply turn off that feature when he uploaded to YT.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4991 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In that case...(at this point it may be some people have way too much time on their hands).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
The Clint Eastwood movie "Line of Fire" comes to mind.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post