SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rinnai propane direct vent wall furnance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rinnai propane direct vent wall furnance Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Wondering about the thoughts on these. A lot of what I read is positive. Had one years ago and was good then. Crazily I replaced it with another unit thinking it would be better. Years later I am back to thinking about one as a a back up unit. The only downside to one for me is it use's electricity.

From how it functions it would be an asset in our house. I already have propane so not an issue there. Price for one is about $2500 installed. I can sell my current free standing unit for at least $1000.

Any reason not to go with one of these?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I've got a Williams unit in 3 of my basement spare bedrooms. I really like them and I especially like how each room is in effect it's own zone. My MIL just showed up for the weekend so I just lit one of them a few minutes ago. No electricity required.

Here's what I have...

Williams Direct Vent Heater

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it still is, but Rinnai was always considered the gold standard of direct vent propane wall heaters around here. Many all electric houses and condos have had these added and paid for themselves in a year or two.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I think it still is BM.

Goat, Williams has been around a long time. Surely good to go as well.
The Rinnai has fan's so they require electricity. Not sure if it will run with out the fans. I am guessing not.

Now that I think about it they won't as their controls are electronic.

posted Hide Post
There's one (Rhinnae) at what was a vacation rental house I used to manage but am still slightly involved with. Mounted outside on the wall. It was installed around 2012, this one is natural gas. It works great. They owner made the house private use only, only visits the house peridiodically. Sometimes just him, sometimes 6 people. It never runs out of hot water and doesn't burn gas just sitting there......we have had zero issues with it. I'd highly recommend it.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
That might be a different animal Jimmy. This one is spelled Rinnai. Don't know.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That might be a different animal Jimmy. This one is spelled Rinnai. Don't know.

It's Rinnai, I just didn't look up the spelling. I don't know the exact model, I could look at the sticker on it when I go to the house Sat or Mon, but it's S/S and mounted on the exterior of the house. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any electricity going to it, but I'm not 100% certain. I've never had to touch it. Looks like this model:

https://www.acwholesalers.com/...i-RL94EN/p25207.html

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
No worries Jimmy. I am looking at an indoor unit so a different model all together. Good to hear it is a quality unit. Seem's like a consensus that they make quality equipment.