SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meet the newest member of our family
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meet the newest member of our family Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

She arrived today, and is still "puppy-with-no-name". She is a 16 weeks old Irish Wolfhound.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
That’s going to be a big pooch! Congrats!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Looks like he’s growing from the bottom up!

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The unit I served with in Iraq is the last remaining unit of the civil war Irish brigade, and leads the saint patricks day parade in NYC every year with Irish wolfhound mascots. Traditionally the sergeant major of the battalion is the keeper of the hounds.

Ps we are almost neighbors I am in Prescott valley.

How about Clancy for the name?

Posts: 3296 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She looks like an Abbey to me, maybe Abbey Lane?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Tish? Congrats. Look forward to seeing as she matures. Is she a pet or is there a more serious mission for her?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19210 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My heart breaks looking at your pup. I had a part Irish wolfhound mutt that encouraged me to get a full blooded Irish Wolfhound and she was a damned special dog. Unfortunately, they don't live all that long. I got 8 great years, which is long for them.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
She’s looks so sweet! I always wished for one, but I don’t think I could bear only eight years.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5332 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
She is a cutie. Look at the size of her feet. ............. drill sgt.

Posts: 2015 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
She’s a sweetie cutie!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Love how big her paws are... great companion you got there!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Wonderful 4 legged addition to your family. Congrats.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
My heart breaks looking at your pup. I had a part Irish wolfhound mutt that encouraged me to get a full blooded Irish Wolfhound and she was a damned special dog. Unfortunately, they don't live all that long. I got 8 great years, which is long for them.

Yes 8 years is a long time, and that's true of most large breeds. Our current (adult) IW is over 10 years old now. My wife (a retired police K-9 handler) has trained him in scent tracking, and he has located 2 or 3 lost dogs for our neighbors. I expect the new girl will get the same training, maybe more. They are very special dogs, loving and gentle.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

Yes 8 years is a long time, and that's true of most large breeds. Our current (adult) IW is over 10 years old now. My wife (a retired police K-9 handler) has trained him in scent tracking, and he has located 2 or 3 lost dogs for our neighbors. I expect the new girl will get the same training, maybe more. They are very special dogs, loving and gentle.

What a sweet looking pup, and what an amazing thing to be able to do for your neighbors!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Siobhan

She’s a doll

Posts: 13286 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Morrigan.

She's a beauty

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Guinness.
What a Beautiful Irish. I love the breed. May you all love your new lives. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Wolfy for the name. But you must only say it with an Irish accent. Congrats!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both you and your new family member!

Posts: 3734 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post