SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking to Buy a Nice Pan, Any Suggestions? *Ordered*
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to Buy a Nice Pan, Any Suggestions? *Ordered* Login/Join 
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Question on the all clad pans....I notice the handle is steel...doesn’t it get hot when the pan is hot?

Posts: 1127 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
The All-clad 6 qt all in one pan has been fantastic, I use it for everything from stir fry, chili, meat balls, baked beans, you name it. https://www.williams-sonoma.co...DmEz5NwaAqrGEALw_wcB I do as has been suggested preheat the pan on medium first. It's as perfectly flat as it was when I bought it. Cleaning just involves filling it with water and a little detergent after it cools down enough to touch it, let it soak 30 minutes or so then just wipe out with a brush and sponge.

I've since added 2 more pans, one is almost like a wok the other is a slightly smaller, taller, long handle version of the 6 qt all in one. I haven't noticed the long steel handles getting hot, the smaller handles on the all in one pan can but it's great having the two opposed handles for carrying when full as well fitting in the oven or storing.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
We have all clad copper infused stainless line, as a well as all clad non sticks. All amazing, but this is the one we use the most. Unbelievably non stick and very tough finish. I just bought one for my mom and she is blown away as well. This may fit the bill as it is really good at most things. We have the 4.25.

https://www.lecreuset.com/toug...NEAYYBCABEgLg5vD_BwE

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m1009:
Question on the all clad pans....I notice the handle is steel...doesn’t it get hot when the pan is hot?

No they do not get hot unless you put them in the oven

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I wasn’t sure, was thinking of getting one for myself but the handle made me wonder

posted Hide Post
I'm not the chef in this household, but my wife has be getting old "Club" aluminum cookware. She swears by it. She treats it like you treat cast iron. It cleans up well and it gets oiled after use.

Fan of Sig, Colt, S&W, Beretta, Browning, etc, etc.

Posts: 168 | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I’m definitely not up near chef category, lol. Never spent a lot on pans before, and usually ended up replacing one with another after a few years. But reading all these post, has made me want to get at least one good quality pan, and see how it goes. My favorite current one is at least 10 years old now, and starting to show its age. Just want one that works well on the smooth top stoves, and about a 10-11 inch pan with a lid. And about 2 inches deep at least.