SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    House Passes Bill for Automatic Military Draft Registration of Young Men Between 18 and 26
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House Passes Bill for Automatic Military Draft Registration of Young Men Between 18 and 26 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...sses-bill-automatic/

I'm all for it. So very for it, I am. Smile

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109154 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Automatic registration makes a lot more sense than this quasi-voluntary registration system that we have now.

I believe Virginia automatically registered my boys when they got their driver's license.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Also, I think two years service requirement would be a good idea as well.

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Whoa, why just stop at the men? Why not automatically register women too-even if they don’t go to combat roles they can fill other positions.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Whoa, why just stop at the men? Why not automatically register women too-even if they don’t go to combat roles they can fill other positions.

Fuck that. No one is automatically registering my daughters for shit, especially military service.

My son is another matter. I'm all for it in that case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Currently only men are required to register. The other 56 genders get a pass.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Fuck that. No one is automatically registering my daughters for shit, especially military service.

I posted being a little tounge and cheek, but really-why aren’t women required to register? Even if they only fill non combat jobs-who is to say they can’t serve. I know I served alongside a lot of women and they did just fine. My take was-as long as she can drag me out of a burning compartment-I’m OK with it. I had a few female officers I served under and there were some good and some bad ones-just like men.

I mean they tried to get the ERA passed for decades. Equality for all, and what not.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly college students will become aware of the turmoil in this world.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Suddenly college students will become aware of the turmoil in this world.

Great point. It might backfire on the Democrats.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24633 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was already mandatory to register for the draft at 18?

Over 20 years ago my senior year of Highschool I turned 18 just before graduating and got a nasty postcard in the mail saying I had to register or I could be prosecuted. So I did.

Doesn't matter since they haven't drafted people since Vietnam. And have you seen the young twats we call today's youth these days you want them in the Military protecting us? I'm all for these entitled punks getting a wake up call and working for a living but it's just ain't going to happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dfens,

Posts: 977 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
... but really-why aren’t women required to register? Even if they only fill non combat jobs-who is to say they can’t serve.

Because men and women are different and have very different roles to serve in society. The woman's role is far more important than the man's. Women are the cradle of society and civilizations. We must preserve that or our country will finally cease to exist. I know it is obligatory in other countries to have women serve in the military; it should not be here. America must remain America.

As it says in my SIGline, Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Come on equality is equality. Wink

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Israeli women serve don't they?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Israeli women serve don't they?

Yes. And ours shouldn't. Unless they volunteer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
If equal rights means anything, then women get drafted too

Posts: 53835 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Currently only men are required to register. The other 56 genders get a pass.

I turned my head just in time, so I didn't lose another keyboard.... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Posts: 784 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Registering for the draft, and actually being drafted are far from the same thing. I don't think anybody is advocating for bringing back the latter, nor do I believe that it would be possible given the changes to our society.

Not to say that mandatory/universal service would be a bad idea.

The concept of full citizenship being dependent on successful completion of a service commitment, as explored in Heinlein's Starship Troopers, would do a lot to enable and establish true equality in our country, and even more to raise the baseline of skills, knowledge, and morality above the shamefully low levels currently seen in our young adults.

Posts: 6789 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The only thing this changes now is that instead of relying on males to go down and register, the government is going to use various data bases and do it automatically.

I agree, females should have to at least register and if the draft was ever activated, serve in some capacity.
This also makes the whole multiple gender crap a subject that will need to be addressed in a more rational way.

Posts: 9831 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I think it's interesting that on this Forum where there is a lot of like-mindedness on society and its foibles that even here we have some different to very different ideas on a draft.

Posts: 6513 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Selective Service Act Amended To Require Registration of Women.

https://petermcculloughmd.subs...rue&utm_medium=email

Posts: 13115 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post