SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's talk western boots. What are you folks liking?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Let's talk western boots. What are you folks liking? Login/Join 
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Lucchese is all I'll buy now. My old favorite, J. Chism is no longer around and Dan Post and Tony Llama just don't seem to be the same quality they used to be.(Also you have to be careful it's hose two brands because the majority of what they offer is made in Mexico, though at least Tony Llama does still make some, or assemble anyway, in the U.S. Lucchese is still all U.S. or were last time I bought a pair about 4 years ago) If I'm not working, you'll more than likely see me wearing a pair of Lucchese Cayman boots or some very old Panandle Slim Elephant skin boots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I want a pair of Lucchese's, I just can't drop the $600-800 for a pair at the moment.

I'm been browsing ebay for a used pair in my size so I can try them out.

Posts: 6343 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I want a pair of Lucchese's, I just can't drop the $600-800 for a pair at the moment.

I had good luck here: http://www.allensboots.com/boo...&dir=asc&order=price

No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:

I think my last pair were about $475. I know they were under $500 and they'll last you a lifetime.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Lucchess fan here. I have two pair, brown goat and black ostrich (both in roper style as I like the lower heel, squarish toe and lower calf height). Both have fit like old friends from day one. Some day I'm going to order a custom pair of ropers in crocodile. Smile

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Nocona (got on Amazing for $68) and a pair of Lucchese caiman. Both are great boots but the Lucchese are far superior in my opinion. They are extremely comfortable as well.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Report This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
Lucchese is still all U.S. or were last time I bought a pair

Some, but not all, of the Lucchese 1883 boots are made in Mexico. I think all the Lucchese Classic boots are made in El Paso.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
Lucchese is still all U.S. or were last time I bought a pair

Some, but not all, of the Lucchese 1883 boots are made in Mexico. I think all the Lucchese Classic boots are made in El Paso.

The made in Mexico style numbers start with an M.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
For the past 24 years: Rios of Mercedes.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I love my Lucchese but I love my Africa ostrich just as much.
However, for daily wear I prefer the two pair of Tony Lamas I own.
They get a lot of use.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post