SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I think I had a post deleted
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I had a post deleted Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
I was alerting anyone interested that there was a rather rare P220 listed on GB. I did not link it, merely told them to go find it. No, I am not the seller either, rather I have one like it.
Anyway I noticed a bit later my post was gone. Is there some rule here against this type of thread?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, there is no rule against letting people know about a deal. I don’t know a whole lot though.

I do know that a thread about a deleted or locked thread, is ill advised at best.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes there is and no, that is not allowed. Wink

And please do not ask where to find it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Linking to auctions is against the rules.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This thread will probably be nuked, soon, also. My advice, if you got a thread deleted, move on and don't start another to wonder why.

Q

Posts: 26389 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

He didn't, but it doesn't matter.

Q

Posts: 26389 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This thread will probably be nuked, soon, also. My advice, if you got a thread deleted, move on and don't start another to wonder why.

/////////////////////
I believe it is located in the rules book, isnt it 12131? page...

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

He didn't, but it doesn't matter.

Ah, my mistake. I saw GB, and assumed gunbroker auction. Regardless, as you say, doesn't matter.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
To-may-to, to-mah-to. Any reference to an active auction, directly or indirectly, is frowned upon. Few members here, especially the collector types, are unaware of the various on-line auctions. Bringing attention to a live listing only serves to benefit the seller.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
To-may-to, to-mah-to. Any reference to an active auction, directly or indirectly, is frowned upon. Few members here, especially the collector types, are unaware of the various on-line auctions. Bringing attention to a live listing only serves to benefit the seller.

I always assumed the rule was to reduce clutter. Kind of like the moratorium on discussing C_D*N-N ads.

Regardless, it's clear the OP didn't read the waiver. Roll Eyes

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Just noted the OP has been on since 2002.

p08, I believe your longevity has qualified you for a CUT. If you would like something other than 'member' under your handle, I believe you could request one in the SIGForum Office

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If it looks like anchovies, and smells like anchovies . . .

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Just remember that there is only one person here who can delete a po

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Just remember that there is only one person here who can delete a po

Not true Big Grin

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
hahahahaha

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
quote:

/////////////////////
I believe it is located in the rules book, isnt it 12131? page...

There is no rule book, but it is in the waiver.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
To anybody with little posting experience, I'd recommend reading the sticky's at the top of the Lounge and Classifieds sections.
Once you've digested that info, think about the spirit of those rules, not just the actual written words, before making something that could be considered questionable.
The best method is to be here a while and after seeing some of the give and take you will get the idea.
In the case where you think something might be unwise, don't. Or at least write to management at the lower portion of the main page and ask the question first.

Read this recent exchange and you'll get the idea of what's expected.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5670064284

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
To anybody with little posting experience, I'd recommend reading the sticky's at the top of the Lounge and Classifieds sections.

Can you please point out where in the pinned posts is says auctions are not to be posted in a thread? I'm not being a smartass but I read the pinned posts and didn't see any mention of it.

Earlier today I innocently posted a GB auction link and immediately there were posts saying that the thread would be locked if I didn't delete it.

If I missed it then my apologies but if it's not in the pinned posts perhaps it should be?

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:

Can you please point out where in the pinned posts is says auctions are not to be posted in a thread? I'm not being a smartass but I read the pinned posts and didn't see any mention of it.

Earlier today I innocently posted a GB auction link and immediately there were posts saying that the thread would be locked if I didn't delete it.

If I missed it then my apologies but if it's not in the pinned posts perhaps it should be?
Mr. 'Bellum has stated, more than once, that he is not going to publish a rule book covering each and every possible infraction.

The topic of linking to auction sites has come up many times, and each time, it was clearly stated that this is not permitted.

If you ever have a question on whether something may or may not be posted, you can ask the question here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

"think about the spirit of those rules, not just the actual written words, before making something that could be considered questionable."

Read all of my post and the attached link to another recent post.
All the knowledge and wisdom needed to safely navigate Sigforum is there. Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5670064284

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post