SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump? Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
..this is about power, not money...

In this case the power being silencing the opposition and cutting ties to like-minded sources. I think it used to be called book-burning.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I thought Drudge was a big Romney supporter?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge, Hasn’t it kind of been run into a mountain? Look at all the comments here of people who have stopped frequenting the page. If you are in the corporate media and have a voice that you don’t like you silence it by any means. It’s their MO.

The absolute lack of diversity in the American media makes me hope there is a day of reckoning.
Corporate media is the enemy of the American people. They are perpetually dishonest and care only about 1. Power 2. Money and 3. Maintaining #1 & #2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
Drudge still beats the rest to the big stories. I saw the current Ukraine Whistle-blower story on there before anywhere else. Nobody has posted a better alternative to what he delivers yet.

Actually the UK Daily Mail now has him beat or will cover things he now selectively ignores.

But I live in the United States of America?

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
P220 Smudge, Hasn’t it kind of been run into a mountain? Look at all the comments here of people who have stopped frequenting the page. If you are in the corporate media and have a voice that you don’t like you silence it by any means. It’s their MO.

The absolute lack of diversity in the American media makes me hope there is a day of reckoning.
Corporate media is the enemy of the American people. They are perpetually dishonest and care only about 1. Power 2. Money and 3. Maintaining #1 & #2.

I think that reckoning is happening - albeit far slower and more so due to people just tuning out from some media than the media being called out - just look at the latestMedia layoffs and cuts - you are either relevant or your not - media will find a lot of irrelevant outlets - and thus far more laid off folks in coming times

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
But I live in the United States of America?

Such is the landscape, these days. The Daily Mail in the UK has better coverage of the United States than most US-based media, IMHO. It is the only "mainstream" media outlet I look at these days. In very small doses.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You ever heard of a loss leader? If you’ve got billions in “fuck off” money, then buying Drudge Report and torpedoeing it is like buying advertising at worst. If you can pay to assassinate all the cheerleaders of a pro team that you want to see fail, then you don’t give a shit that they’re not bringing in their Nike sponsorship dollars.

That’s what’s happening here, and make no mistake about it: this is about power, not money. If it wasn’t, they wouldn’t have simply run the brand they bought straight into the mountain.

It depends on who's perspective you are looking at...
From Matt Drudge's perspective, I think it was just time to take the money and run.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Oh, it absolutely has been. I don’t think we disagree at all and you may have misunderstood what I was trying to convey. Buying up newspapers because they print stuff you disagree with and making them print your agenda has been going on in this country for nearly as long as we’ve been a country, from what I can tell.

Chellim1, I agree. Everyone has a number they’re willing to accept to walk away from it all. Drudge started this from basically nothing and he’s been at it for how long now? Yeah, I can’t blame the guy if they offered him his walk away number. But specifically speaking to the mindset of the person who bought Drudge Report: they bought it to burn it down and try to turn as many readers as they could in the process.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven’t checked Drudge in months and life still goes on, guess I don’t need it. Wink

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
If it matters, I saw https://rantingly.com/ listed as a drudge alternative.

Also, saw a blurb that a bunch of sites and assets surrounding the DrudgeReport were sold off, and that there were expectations laid out that included bringing Drudge in line with advertiser expectations.

Thanks, I am liking this one, Rantingly

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to me an increasing amount of links are to British papers like The Star. If Drudge has been bought, that might be a clue to who the new owner may be.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
If Drudge walked away with a big fat check, good for him. 25 years is a long time to do the same thing every day. Someone else will fill the vacuum.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/

https://bonginoreport.com/

No point in crying about the old Drudge Report. It’s over and done. Find a new site.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
No point in crying about the old Drudge Report. It’s over and done. Find a new site.

All too true. And thankfully, in 2019, there are many other players in the game. Thank you for adding a few more to my list. Smile

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post