SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back. Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Too many people close to me battling cancer. Too many in this Forum. As posted just above me, words fail. I guess just try to stay positive and keep on keepin’ on.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
striker1...keeping both you and your family, as well as the medical community involved in your fighting and beating this in my thoughts and prayers...hang in there!...

May God bless and give y'all strength in this fight.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hate that anyone has to go through this. Glad to hear that there’s a clear path to beating it!

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you Brother.
Like I told my sister, The good news is there's a treatment. The bad news is you have to go through the treatment.

I hope you kick cancer's ass.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you! Hang in there.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Still praying for you Striker. My wife was a bone marrow donor, and it is truly an amazing treatment. Her recipient was cured and is healthy 14 years later. I pray the same for you.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Praying for you.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Thanks to each of you! I read every post in this thread.

And to Dallas239, thanks so much!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Striker1,

I read your updates and always say a continued prayer of strength to your family, healing to you, and wisdom to your doctors.

May God bless you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Monday was a loooong day in the chemo suite. Labs at 7:45, doc visit, then the three drugs that make up my chemo coctail for the next 4 hours. Felt crummy at home later.

One new thing that is out since I did this years ago is the new OBI “patch” which delivers the Neulasta (white blood cell med). Instead of the old shot, they stick this thing on your arm. After a few minutes it auto-injects the catheter and will auto-inject the med 24 hours later. Really cool, and saves me the round trip back to Oncologist just for a shot.

I get a PET scan Wednesday, hopefully that will show less progress of the cancer and some shrinkage of the primary duodenal tumor. Then more chemo mid June (round 3) leading eventually to a July/Aug stem cell harvesting, chemo super dose, stem cell reintroduction, and cross fingers.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hope the PET scan brings good news. Continued prayers.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good Luck stryker1. Think positive.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Brother. Not as much of a "Death sentence" as it used to be, but no walk in the park either. Fight hard, Fight DIRTY!!!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way.

Hope PET scan good results.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
When the oncologist says it’s still a curable cancer, we have lots to be hopeful for!

Humbly reposting my wife’s GFM link with permission:

https://www.gofundme.com/8gtx8-team-ron

RB

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Had some good results this week. No chemo, but Monday labs show good blood work and my hemoglobin is about 10.5, which is as high as it’s been in awhile. I still haven’t received the results from a PET scan done last Wed but will see the doc again on the 18th for that update as well as sit for round 3 of chemo. Overall, feeling a little better, well enough to drive into town and stop at the range and hardware store this week. I may work a little tomorrow and Thursday, just phone/email/laptop stuff and following up on jobs.

RB

Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that you are staying active when you can.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
An excellent report, Striker!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... Kick Butt and Take Names, my friend.

Sitting here rubbing my Chemo Port as a talisman for your continuing success Wink

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers sent!!!

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post