Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Thank you Very little ![]() |
So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. https://x.com/DerrickEvans4WV/.../2091672513549865068 | ||
|
Member![]() |
It's the Rabbit of Caerbannog! [ominous music plays]. He's lucky, he could have been decapitated. _________________________________________________________________________ “A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.” -- Mark Twain, 1902 | |||
|
| Optimistic Cynic |
No news on how the bunny made out? Is there a lagomorph twitter where the rabbit would post his version of events? | |||
|
| Member |
| |||
|
| Coin Sniper |
Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys 343 - Never Forget Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive. | |||
|
| Member |
Could this be the same rabbit that attacked present carter ??? | |||
|
| Savor the limelight |
I don't believe a 2 pound Florida Marsh Rabbit can knock a 140 pound kid off a scooter. Now, a 4 pound African Savanna Hare running 40 miles per hour is a different story. Edited to add: This happened in Hungary and it was a European Hare which can weigh up 15 pounds! | |||
|
A Grateful American![]() |
I was stationed at Columbus AFB MS in '85. Friend of mine called "Lurch" was riding his Electra Glide and a swamper (big assed cotton tail) ran in front of him. He hit it and it got jammed up between the rear of the front fender and tire, and locked the front wheel and Lurch went down and then "high sided" and got launched. Busted him up good, hand, ribs, shoulder, knees, spent about three weeks in bed before he could get around. "the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד | |||
|
| Age Quod Agis |
Looks like the bike / scooter was doing 30kph. That would have been a righteous impact. "I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation." Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II. | |||
|
| Leftists, what more needs to be said? |
Okay, who here didn’t think of the Monty Python bit immediately? | |||
|
| Savor the limelight |
I pictured something more like this based on the thread title: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6kt6r6 | |||
|
Member![]() |
My ex-wife had a VW New Beetle, circa 2005-ish. We were driving down a dirt road in rural New Mexico (going to Tent Rocks) with our niece with the top down. A rabbit ran out in front of us. We caught it mid-hop, and it slid up over the hood, over the windshield, and cleared my niece in the back seat by inches. It was one of those "Did you just see what I saw" moments for all! And the rabbit hopped off, apparently none the worse for wear. Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry "Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it) | |||
|
| Green grass and high tides |
Hahaha, chalk one up for the rabbit. "Practice like you want to play in the game" | |||
|
| Coin Sniper |
What is the air speed velocity of a 2 lbs. Florida Marsh Rabbit? Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys 343 - Never Forget Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive. | |||
|
| Live Slow, Die Whenever |
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." - John Wayne in "The Shootist" | |||
|
| The Unmanned Writer |
Laden or unladen? Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own... | |||
|
| Savor the limelight |
Is it relevant? While the Florida Marsh Rabbit is a proficient swimmer, I believe it is non-migratory. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

