SIGforum
What is your scent?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9130028354

February 23, 2019, 07:41 AM
0-0
What is your scent?
Let´s leave our Man Cards out of this, shall we?

Yesterday while waiting for my better half, I toured a beauty shop and started looking at Men´s Eau de Toilette / Cologne, etc.
Came accross a Creed Vetiver bottle that costs here around $400 and started wondering if you are supposed to smell nice or smell very expensive...

Usually, I smell like last week´s roadkill (and down here it´s a scarching summer alternated with heavy suffocating rains, if you catch my drift) BUT to deal with that I use a few men´s eau de toilette.

Here´s my list:

Jean Paul Gaultier:Le Male (and variants)
Paco Rabanne: 1 Million
Calvin Klein: CK One
Armani: Acqua di Gio

So what´s your personal choice?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
February 23, 2019, 07:42 AM
kz1000
Soap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
February 23, 2019, 07:44 AM
Eponym
See the recent Cologne thread.
February 23, 2019, 08:19 AM
0-0
Apologies, the original thread must have been bouncing inside my head and the Creed Vetiver recalled it somehow, with no memory of having read it. And I had.

Thank you, Eponym

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
February 23, 2019, 11:34 AM
Lunasee
Usually alcohol and flatulence.
February 23, 2019, 11:43 AM
arfmel
Diesel and manure. Simple agrarian lifestyle.
February 23, 2019, 11:48 AM
architect
Bad socks and worse underwear.
February 23, 2019, 11:52 AM
RHINOWSO
Gunpowder and SLIP2000
February 23, 2019, 12:02 PM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Let´s leave our Man Cards out of this, shall we?

Yesterday while waiting for my better half, I toured a beauty shop and started looking at Men´s Eau de Toilette / Cologne, etc.
Came accross a Creed Vetiver bottle that costs here around $400 and started wondering if you are supposed to smell nice or smell very expensive...

0-0

I've heard of Creed. A younger shipmate of mine recently bought some. I'm quite certain it's not any less expensive here.

I rarely ever wear cologne anymore, but I still have a bottle of Chrome by Azzaro that I do use on occasion. It's subtle which is why I like it, but it always gets compliments.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
February 23, 2019, 12:10 PM
TexasScrub
Lotrimin and tushie wipes. Although, when my dad passed, I got his entire collection of Perry Ellis and Lagerfeld classic, so if I ever find myself in a situation where close female proximity might be involved I'm covered (I hope this stuff doesn't spoil).

February 23, 2019, 12:13 PM
YooperSigs
Polo. By Ralph Lauren.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
February 23, 2019, 12:14 PM
the_sandman_454
Just whatever shave soap I've used that day, so nothing terribly intense.

-------------
$
February 23, 2019, 12:19 PM
nhracecraft
Hoppe's No.9 Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
February 23, 2019, 12:48 PM
mrapteam666
Right guard fresh scent and I swear no matter how much I shower and wash my clothes, I still feel like I smell like the County Morgue
February 23, 2019, 01:01 PM
FN in MT
Old Guy with a hint of wet dog.
February 23, 2019, 01:40 PM
flashguy
Old Spice original stick.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
February 23, 2019, 01:48 PM
ensigmatic
Depends upon whether I've taken a shower, recently... (*sniff* *sniff* - guess it's about time), whether I've been working in the yard, messing around with wood and stain and stuff, shooting and firearms cleaning, operating gasoline-powered yard/snow power equipment, etc., etc.

I don't do colognes or whatever any more.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
February 23, 2019, 01:51 PM
alreadydead
I use no scent, I am in close proximity to strangers and don't want to have a traceable smell.

Now when working in the shop I consider the stank that surrounds me as part of the pride of a hard days work.

Make it count
February 23, 2019, 02:28 PM
Texas@Last
Regular soap except for extreme sitchiashuns like weddings and such, I use Aqua Velva blue.
But it's aged, I've been using the same bottle since my wedding day in 1980.
February 23, 2019, 02:30 PM
Orive 8
Irish Spring soap or body wash

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.