SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Mitsubishi Owners Out There?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Mitsubishi Owners Out There? Login/Join 
posted
My son has a 2016 Outlander sport and just hit 30K so he is walking the wire between what he needs and what the stealership tells him he needs.

I looked online and cannot seem to find clear, accurate info so I thought I'd check here

From what I can see it appears it is an LOF with a bunch of "inspect" items but I am seeing conflicting info on the tranny fluid and coolant.

I know in my Honda I do tranny every 30K (drain and fill) but with the CVT I have no clue and, last time I checked, coolant was a 100K item in mist cars?

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I can see it appears it is an LOF with a bunch of "inspect" items but I am seeing conflicting info on the tranny fluid and coolant.

I have access to Mitchell On-Demand and it's slow (which also means I'm not making any money), so let me check ... OK, at 30K it is an oil change, engine and cabin air filters and inspect a bunch of stuff. This is for normal service. For "severe service" it calls for also changing the CVT transmission and transfer case (if AWD) fluids. Coolant is not called for until 120K with either type of service. Unfortunately it does not define which is which. You could probably find this in the owner's manual.

What other services are being recommended? Some may be beneficial, but the car is pretty new to be needing much more than factory.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

I have access to Mitchell On-Demand and it's slow (which also means I'm not making any money), so let me check ... OK, at 30K it is an oil change, engine and cabin air filters and inspect a bunch of stuff. This is for normal service. For "severe service" it calls for also changing the CVT transmission and transfer case (if AWD) fluids. Coolant is not called for until 120K with either type of service. Unfortunately it does not define which is which. You could probably find this in the owner's manual.

What other services are being recommended? Some may be beneficial, but the car is pretty new to be needing much more than factory.

Thank you for that and I told him to look at the manual but wanted to see if I could help him

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post