SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do we have a resident gun dealer outside of California?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we have a resident gun dealer outside of California? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I have a friend that is a dealer friend that wants to get rid of $136k dealer cost worth of guns for a steep discount. I just want to make the intro.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be a dealer? I’d like to know what we’re talking about. Can you email me a list with pricing?

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Top Gun Supply is a member?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Have him join “FFLsonly.com” and list it there. There are large and small dealers and he can reach more people.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I know one inside of CA if it comes down to that...

Posts: 6368 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I know an employee of Perry’s Guns in Wendell NC, it’s just outside of Raleigh. They are a class act. Family owned. And although they are not a member here, purchasing $170k of inventory doesn’t seem like an issue to me. They have managed to stay open during the pandemic and have a huge store and warehouse-they also work with other Raleigh based stores.

Their website is http://www.perrysgunshop.com/ , you may be able to have your guy call them and ask for the owner or his daughter Hannah. Sorry I can’t make an introduction for your guy, it it might be worth his while.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Is the seller in California? He might try selling to another CA dealer, as dealers in other states may have a harder time selling largely CA-compliant inventory.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Is the seller in California? He might try selling to another CA dealer, as dealers in other states may have a harder time selling largely CA-compliant inventory.

Based on the request for a non-CA dealer, I'm going to guess that it is non-compliant inventory, or inventory that can be easier to sell if converted back to original.

Posts: 13049 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Interesting. My brother owns a pawn shop here in Oklahoma and he recently mentioned to me that he is one of the few who will ship a gun to California. He said it is quite a process and you have to have all your ducks in a row, know exactly what you are doing, follow the California rules, etc etc etc.

I will ask him if he is interested.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’m an 01 licensee.

I’d like to get an inventory (digital if possible).

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I'll chime in too, 07/02 in Va.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1199 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Good morning! I will ask permission to post inventory and his info here. The guns are non CA compliant but you wouldn’t believe the pricing! Full disclosure, I am just helping a buddy out and not being compensated for anything.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
So, here is the list. My friend does not want to break up the parcel. I might be able to see if he could do a couple of chunks if it could be done at once. If you are interested email me at david@mimisjewelryinc.com and I'll link you.

Back story, my buddy is a pawn shop/jewelry shop owner that is into guns. I've referred him to a lot of people and have done business with him personally so I vouch.

He basically wants $100k out of this lot.

God, Family, Country.

My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Interesting. My brother owns a pawn shop here in Oklahoma and he recently mentioned to me that he is one of the few who will ship a gun to California. He said it is quite a process and you have to have all your ducks in a row, know exactly what you are doing, follow the California rules, etc etc etc.

If it's not on the CA stupid roster you can't have it shipped. Unless you are LEO.

God, Family, Country.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I can see why an in-state shop wouldn't want that much off-roster. They'd likely be sitting a long time unless they went to a high volume 'cop shop' dealer... Maybe he could ask LC Action in San Jose, ProForce, or Adamson. They are the big three that run in that market.

ProForce has a socal location, I believe. I don't think those numbers would be hard for them to deal with at all and would be semi local.

https://proforceonline.com/Home/Contact/contactus

Posts: 6368 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

If it's not on the CA stupid roster you can't have it shipped. Unless you are LEO.

Yes that's right, of course. It's just the general understanding that most all of the FFL's in the rest of the country refuse to ship to California anything on the approved roster for fear of making some obscure mistake contrary to California laws rules and regulations and facing prosecution. Too much trouble.

Best wishes to you and your friend, it's a noble deed and endeavor to help him out.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post