Preferably, simple. Date window and the numbers and hands need to be luminous. I have a Hamilton khaki auto that I like but it’s not very luminous. Price has to be reasonable so I won’t be to po’d if something happens. Thoughts?
Posts: 2482 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6918 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
Quartz, lum, reasonable price : Citizen through Dave (Mimi’s) immediately comes to mind. Then a seiko with superlum.
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
Posts: 15133 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007
If you're not committed to analog, the G-Shock solar models (with multi-band atomic clock sync) are my travel go-to watches. Good illumination, no battery to stress about, easy jumps between time zones, always within a second of NIST Time, largely bulletproof, reasonably priced, unlikely to draw unwanted attention, and I believe Dave Truong is a Casio retailer.
I learned about HELM Watches here on Sig Forum, a tank of a watch! You can use and abuse this thing all day, under $400. BUT..... It's a few months wait if you're going from the factory.
That’s easy. Casio Duro. $45. 200m quartz, luminous hands, date window, keeps spectacular time as do lots of quartz watches. Way better than my Hamilton auto. Comes in a multitude of color bezels and whatnot. Did I mention $45?
Posts: 8479 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005
Casio makes gshock and non gshock with analog hands and date etc. lume will be meh
If you can live with digital display anything in the solar, atomic time gshock line will be great and they have functionality to shake alive and back light the display. I just need to twist my wrist and my gshock lights up. I have multiple gshocks and I don’t have $400 total into them. The solar atomic I wear most days is GW-6900. Can get them well under $100.
Also timex Ironman and citizen all make great quartz watches up to and less than your price point.
Although I prefer a Casio or SKMEI digital for travel. Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, timer, alarms, etc. Plus a 10 year lithium coin cell battery and it's not a big deal if it's lost/stolen/broken. I would at least suggest taking a Casio W218H on an foldable aftermarket band as a backup.
Posts: 1267 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019
If all you want is reliability and accuracy, the Solar squares are hard to top.
Now, if the budget doesn’t matter as much/and you have time, SEL announced a new Field Watch - which is fairly reasonable, and US Made.
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6918 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
Originally posted by valkyrie1: Ended up with a Seiko SNZG15K1. Has everything I was looking for. Thanks all for the responses. A ton of great choices to sift thru.
If you are interested, long island watch makes a bead blasted bracelet specifically for that series (SNZG) watch.