SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Communists plan to anger every New Yorker who rides the subway to and from their job.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Communists plan to anger every New Yorker who rides the subway to and from their job. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Brilliant strategy.

I predict the subways will be forced to stop running due to the number of Antifa members exposed to the literal third rail of politics by an angry crowd.

quote:
Foxnews.com: Antifa plans massive anti-cop action in NY subways, push for free transit, ending police presence

Police in New York are increasing their presence in subways Friday after members of the far-left Antifa movement called for a mass protest against law enforcement and transit fares.

The Police Benevolent Association of New York City issued a strong warning ahead of Friday’s Antifa demonstration, urging New Yorkers to “pay close attention.”

“This is [the] true endgame of the anti-police movement, an end of all policing & destruction of public order,” the group said in a tweet. “Our members have spent their careers -- and in some cases given their lives -- to bring public safety back to NYC. We can't go backwards.”

Days earlier, an Antifa-backed social media account shared a video of three masked individuals accompanied by a tweet that read: “The streets are ours. The trains our ours. The walls are ours. This moment is ours.”

The minute-long video showing individuals vandalizing public property and jumping subway turnstiles, calls for supporters of the group to “meet up” and rally against law enforcement and transit fares.

“We encourage you to link up with your friends, your family, and think of the ways you can move in affinity to build and f--- s--- up on J31 all day long,” an unidentified individual said, referencing Friday’s date.

“The mood for J31 is simple: f--- your $2.75. No cops on the MTA, free transit, no harassment period and full accessibility... F--- the police.”

A Facebook group run by the same account shared an event that argued that the addition of 500 more MTA police officers is “a declaration of war against our communities.”

“That money should not be invested in the harassing and brutalizing of Black and brown folks. It should go toward making the MTA free, well maintained, and accessible to all.”

The group continued that it would use a “diversity of tactics” to have their demands met. These demands include eliminating police presence from the subways, free transit, ending the harassment of “vendors and performers” and “full accessibility for people of varying abilities.”

A spokesperson with the NYPD told Fox News in an email Friday morning that it “is aware of the demonstration and will have an adequate police presence in place.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Brilliant strategy.

I predict the subways will be forced to stop running due to the number of Antifa members exposed to the literal third rail of politics by an angry crowd...

The subways will stop, Deblasio will direct the police to "give them space," and he will then blame the police for the predictable mayhem.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Great idea, I like it when Antifa spreads their rage to and in Leftist controlled cities.

Reap what they sow....

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s to hoping a train conductor or two are texting and driving that day

Posts: 3390 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Go ahead, Antifa, go build me some more conservatives and conservative democrats. Go right ahead.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad I live in WV.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
“This is [the] true endgame of the anti-police movement, an end of all policing & destruction of public order,” the group said in a tweet. “Our members have spent their careers -- and in some cases given their lives -- to bring public safety back to NYC. We can't go backwards.”

What's so funny about dead cops?

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddball, that tweet is from the NYC Police Benevolent Association. I don't understand your emojis.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I apologize, I actually thought the comment was from an Antifa member. Terrible reading comprehension.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
That will be great....not for NY'ers but I love it when these masked soy boys "rampage".

It helps our case .....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it'll go well. Roll Eyes

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I almost wish that I still lived in NYC and used the subway to commute.

My hickory cane, possibly related to Lucille, hasn't whacked any morons lately.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Days earlier, an Antifa-backed social media account shared a video of three masked individuals accompanied by a tweet that read: “The streets are ours. The trains our ours. The walls are ours. This moment is ours.”
I hope that shortly they can truthfully say "Rikers is ours".

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'd settle for "The interior of this albino alligator is mostly mine, and a bit of his, and a little bit of hers."

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Dear Anti-fa,

We understand you want all MTA subways to be free of police and free. Very well, effective immediately all MTA subways are shutdown due to safety concerns and lack of funding.

Upset citizens of New York are encouraged to voice their opinions directly to you. Please have a representative at each subway entrance to assist the public. At your request, no police will be present or respond.

Love,
NYC & NYPD

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Solution...... lots of severe beatings. The cops should step aside and allow the New Yorkers impacted by this BS to send a whole bunch of this filth to the local ERs.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Poor comrade De Blasio, what's a good commie do in a situation like this?
Maybe blame any unrest on Trump's pending acquittal? Got to be a way to deflect the blame somehow.

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Bernie, we need you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link has a short video showing a small crowd, plus several stills of LEOs arresting (yay!!!) protestors.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/31/...al-during-rush-hour/

Anti-cop demonstrators storm Grand Central Terminal during rush hour

By Sam Raskin, Larry Celona and David Meyer
January 31, 2020 | 5:17pm | Updated

Masked anti-cop protesters flooded Grand Central Terminal at the start of rush hour Friday in an attempt to shut down the commuter hub — but the whole thing soon fizzled out.

There were at least 12 arrests following a skirmish between cops and demonstrators, who refused to remove their masks despite repeated orders from police.

Further arrests were expected as protesters headed out of Grand Central and into Bedford-Stuyvesant Brooklyn, police sources said.

Some of the agitators attempted to approach a nearby subway entrance, only to find it blocked off. Others chanted loudly while holding signs with messages like “Money for elevators not more cops,” “F–k the police fight the power” and “No fare no cops.”

Grand Central commuters were unimpressed with the 5 p.m. attempt to disrupt service, which dissipated within 30 minutes.

“I think it’s absurd, things aren’t free; things cost money,” said one Westchester-bound traveler. “Asking for free stuff, it’s like they’re 12 year olds. They’re acting like children!”

Friday afternoon’s demonstration was just the latest salvo in a full day of anti-cop, anti-fare protests organized by the group Decolonize This Placer, whose goals include “no cops in the MTA, free transit [and] no harassment.”

Protesters across the city vandalized turnstiles, trains and stations with anti-cop messages.

Two women were also arrested, summonsed and released at around 11 a.m. after posting “F—k the police” signs inside Bronx Criminal Court, cops said.

As of 5 p.m., police were also looking for an unknown individual who used a metal chain to shatter the screen of one of the MTA’s new OMNY fare machines at West 50th Street and Eighth Avenue.

Each OMNY machine costs the MTA $2,000 to replace, sources said.

MTA Chief Safety Officer Pat Warren said the protests “divert valuable time, money and resources away from investments in transit services that get New Yorkers to their jobs, schools, doctors and other places they need to go.”

“This demonstration activity follows the dangerous pattern of previous activities that have resulted in vandalization and defacement of MTA property – clearly violating laws,” Warren said in a statement.