SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question About AT&T Phone Plan: “Unlimited & More”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question About AT&T Phone Plan: “Unlimited & More” Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Does any SF member have the AT&T “Unlimited & More” plan?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth switching to this or sticking with what I have.

The fine print on the plan says it's "unlimited" data but "AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds when the network is busy"

Here's what I have right now for 4 iPhones, my wife and my stepmom and dad:

Plan: AT&T Mobile Share with 20 GB data "bucket"
My wife uses the most data, I use the next amount and my parents use hardly any at all really.

We usually don't go over our 20 GB limit and have a few GB as rollover the next month most months. There are times when we cut it close and once or twice in the past 2 years we did hit it and AT&T still gave us data but at 128kps until the next 20 GB allotment hit the following month.

The Unlimited plan is like 5 bucks less than what I pay now and I like the idea of "unlimited " data but that disclaimer about them reserving the right to temporarily slow data speeds when the network is busy gives me pause.

Should I just stick with the current plan? My gut instinct says don't change right now.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
I like you have a Mobile share plan @ 30GB with 5 phones on it.

During a call with AT&T, we switched it to an unlimited plan and discussed costs. It was cheaper (on the phone) until I got the charge breakdown in an email. It was like $20 dollars more than I was paying. I called back and made them restore my original plan.

Also to note: although the data is unlimited, they restricted the tethering data. We sometimes use our phone for a mobile hotspot for a computer or IPAD.

Unlimited plan didn't work for me

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I've been getting spammed by AT&T recently - at least two emails a day...they're really starting to piss me off

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
AT&T “Unlimited & More” plan?

^^^^
Yep. Unlimited and MORE MONEY. Have unlimited myself, and free HBO as a result. Read the fine print. You may have to negotiate. If you like that, this company is for you.

Posts: 17249 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
I have the unlimited and more with 5 lines. None of us have ever been throttled on data usage. One of the biggest selling points is the included TV plan (wATch Tv). It comes with 35 live channels so I dropped my $100/month Directv. The 35 included channels meets our needs fine and I don’t miss the Directv one bit. I use an Amazon Firestick to stream to our TVs.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
One of the biggest selling points is the included TV plan (wATch Tv). It comes with 35 live channels so I dropped my $100/month Directv. The 35 included channels meets our needs fine and I don’t miss the Directv one bit. I use an Amazon Firestick to stream to our TVs.

I saw that too. Does that operate over the AT&T LTE data network then? Or do you still need an internet connection?

My current contract with Comcast ends this coming May and I am going to look at doing away with traditional cable TV once again. Looking at my bill, between the bullshit sports fee and some other fees, that's $20 alone adding to my bill! Mad

I watch 0.0% sports. Screw paying for it.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
One of the biggest selling points is the included TV plan (wATch Tv). It comes with 35 live channels so I dropped my $100/month Directv. The 35 included channels meets our needs fine and I don’t miss the Directv one bit. I use an Amazon Firestick to stream to our TVs.

I saw that too. Does that operate over the AT&T LTE data network then? Or do you still need an internet connection?

My current contract with Comcast ends this coming May and I am going to look at doing away with traditional cable TV once again. Looking at my bill, between the bullshit sports fee and some other fees, that's $20 alone adding to my bill! Mad

I watch 0.0% sports. Screw paying for it.

If your watching it on TV it requires an internet connection.

Actually, I looked into your question and supposedly (I haven’t tried it) you can stream from your an iphone to a tv with the Apple HDMI adapter I haven’t tried this because I always use the firestick and my home internet connection. I have no idea about android.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are a veteran or first responder, check into the discount too.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I had AT&T for 20+ years.

Do yourself a favor and check out Cricket. They use the same cell towers as AT&T and we have 4 phones with unlimited data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text, for $100/month.

That includes all taxes and fees!

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
If you are a veteran or first responder, check into the discount too.

25% off.
I'm thinking about it too but I don't watch TV.
AT&T guy told me I can not get the TV and another guy at the same store told me I have to.
I'm a stingy bastard and have the 8GB plan for 3 phones. I barely use any(<.10) and my daughter uses the rest. Ex is on the plan but she pays me every month and doesn't use much either.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My three kids are on the regular unlimited plan. $97/month (tax included) for all three lines. My son says it sometimes slows down. He uses upwards of 70gbs a month. My daughter uses about 20 and my other son uses less than 5. None of them bother with the watchtv.

I’m on FirstNet with unlimited hotspot. My home internet is COX with a 1TB limit a month which I am at the limit so I am running my house off my FirstNet hotspot for another day before COX resets tomorrow. It’s actually fast enough to stream shows and play games at the same time with no lag.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Do you use your phones as hot spots?
If so you will pay $30 additional PER phone with the unlimited plan....

It is included free on your current plan.

I have the 20 plan as well, they don't offer it anymore, so once you switch off, it is gone.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post