SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MLB.TV Accounts Automatically Renew March 1. Reminder to Cancel Now.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MLB.TV Accounts Automatically Renew March 1. Reminder to Cancel Now. Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted
Many MLB.TV subscriptions automatically renew March 1. Owners have locked out players, and it seems unethical for MLB to charge for a product they are actively working against, and at this point is unlikely to start on time. Owner's have frequently been accused of bad faith during these negotiations, and though I'm not big on unions, I'm inclined to agree. Canceling automatic renewals and keeping my money in my pocket is a no-brainer from a personal standpoint, and if it makes a small statement and deprives MLB of some of the $500 million they would otherwise collect, then all the better.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
MLB just is not the same without Koufax on the mound

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6322 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Baseball died on October 8, 1957, when Walter O'Malley announced that the Dodgers were leaving Brooklyn. I have not watched a game since then.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Baseball is a mega business with money to be made all around. owners, players, lawyers, agents, TV, radio, internet, hotels, restaurants, parking, clothing, cities, counties you name it. There are haters. But lots of people make ton's of money off it. So capitalism abound.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19245 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I think baseball died when they founded the national league in 1876.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I think baseball died when they founded the national league in 1876.

But until then you were a fan, right? Smile

Never really been a baseball fan, but I'm not a hater either. There's been a big effort for years now to try and bring an MLB team to Portland. I'm against it, but only because the traffic would be horrific.

Posts: 7274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
"Don't Take The World Serious"

~Abner Doubleday

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I love baseball, but screw MLB, I am canceling my MLB.TV subscription.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post