SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I suspect that many “reads” of SigForum posts are by non-members
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I suspect that many “reads” of SigForum posts are by non-members Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I often browse on my phone or tablet. It doesnt register me until I log in to make a post... so until I typed this reply I was one of the guests shown. My mobile devices do not leave me logged in.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read past tense only for years as I did not have an acceptable email. Now I am always logged in. I rarely post though; you folks know so much more than I do. I don't want to post just to increase my post count. If I have something to add, I do.

Posts: 103 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I think I am logged in on three different devices all at the same time at any given moment. Work phone, home computer, and cell phone.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, exactly why would one ever need to 'LogOut' of SIGforum.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9434 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Another member here that never signs out. Why would someone do that?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll tell you this- you can't create content in this forum unless you're logged in, and why would anyone come here if there was nothing to read and nothing to see? The people who are logged in, and, specifically, the people who post- they keep this forum alive. No new content = a wasteland.

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I only log out because the computers at work dump everything when we log out for the day. My phone and stuff at home all stay logged in though.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3635 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Logged in al, the time. Anytime I am in, I’m logged in.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I prefer to stay logged in to accurately track where I've been. Keeps me from going in to threads I've already been in

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I’m logged in on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. Never saw any reason to logout.

Posts: 3267 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
I’m logged in on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. Never saw any reason to logout.

Me too. Two cell phones and home computer at all times. I'm to lazy to log in/out.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMKNLS1:
I read posts here almost daily, and may not be logged in when doing so.

You just increased your post count by 50%!

Posts: 1460 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm self employed, work from home, and my work desktop computer runs 24/7 with Outlook and a minimum of 7 browser tabs including SF open at all times.

I'm one of the member(s) online ALL the time. I don't post a lot, but I'm sure I show up online no matter what device I might be using when I'm not actually logged in on other devices when traveling...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Do we get a special award for being logged in all the time?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Am always logged in, although the vast majority of the time it is on my phone.

When i first joined, it was no issue to view while at work, but that faded away as the blocking software became more and more annoying and with each successive company. Therefore, the phone became the medium of choice. However, the last place was so over the top, even the guest wifi was set to block this haven from the insanity.

Very fortunately, was laid off the first day of November, with the fortunate part being that a really good job begins the first of the new year Big Grin

Come here every day for news and conversation. Feel very happy to have such a place to which to be a member.

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks. The posts in this thread taught me several things about the forum.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I often browse on my phone or tablet. It doesnt register me until I log in to make a post... so until I typed this reply I was one of the guests shown. My mobile devices do not leave me logged in.

Same for me. I browse the forum daily but post rarely. I'd say 90% of the time I browse as a guest because I don't log in to post.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Am always logged in, although the vast majority of the time it is on my phone.

When i first joined, it was no issue to view while at work, but that faded away as the blocking software became more and more annoying and with each successive company. Therefore, the phone became the medium of choice. However, the last place was so over the top, even the guest wifi was set to block this haven from the insanity.

Very fortunately, was laid off the first day of November, with the fortunate part being that a really good job begins the first of the new year Big Grin

Come here every day for news and conversation. Feel very happy to have such a place to which to be a member.

Merry Christmas!

You could have always just turned off the WIFI on your phone, and just used your own data plan, ya cheap bastard! Wink

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That's precisely what I did, you dear friend Razz

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post