SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Louisiana woman who went viral for using Gorilla Glue adhesive in hair ends up in hospital NEWS by: Stacie Richard
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Louisiana woman who went viral for using Gorilla Glue adhesive in hair ends up in hospital NEWS by: Stacie Richard Login/Join 
posted
Guess what? She is gonna sue. The age of no personal responsibility.

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Tessica Brown went viral on Instagram after she posted a video about, in her words, a “bad idea” she made after using an industrial spray adhesive to hold down her hairstyle.

Brown posted to her Instagram on Feb. 3rd, informing her followers and many others about what happened to her hair after she sprayed heavy duty Gorilla Glue adhesive spray in her hair because she ran out of her usual hairspray, Got2B glued hairspray.

She says her hair has been stuck in the hairstyle shown in the video for a month.

“I didn’t have anymore Got2B hairspray so I used this, gorilla glue spray, bad idea, my hair don’t move, I’ve washed my hair 15 times and it don’t move,” Brown said in the video.

Courtesy of Tessica Brown Instagram page
On Feb. 6, Brown posted on her Instagram page a picture of St. Bernard’s Hospital in Chalmette, La, where she went in hopes of getting the hardened adhesive removed from her hair. Brown spent 22 hours in the emergency room. Healthcare workers used acetone and sterile water to loosen the adhesive, which burned her scalp and hardened moments later.

Gorilla Glue released a statement via Instagram regarding Brown’s experience using their product as an alternate for hairspray. They emphasized that the spray adhesive states on the warning label to “not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.”

Courtesy of Gorilla Glue Company Instagram page
Her video caught the attention of many celebrities who reposted her video and also followed her Instagram page to receive updates on her journey to adhesive free hair.

Brown started a Go-Fund me page that has exceeded the $1500 goal for help towards her medical expenses.

After an unsuccessful experience in the emergency room, she is now looking into suing the adhesive company alleging that the labels on their products are misleading.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/news/louisia...ends-up-in-hospital/

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, hair isn't skin so she did follow the warning instructions!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Gorilla should sue her for mis-use of their product and attempting to destroy their reputation.

Needs to be a penalty for stupid.

Posts: 53221 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Of course she is going to sue. And some scumbag lawyer will be more than happy to take her case! Friggin’ slug! Read the freakin’ label!!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Un-fricken-believable.

“I’ve washed it 15 times and it don’t move.” Sounds like a Gorilla Glue endorsement.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Feb. 6, Brown posted on her Instagram page a picture of St. Bernard’s Hospital in Chalmette, La, where she went in hopes of getting the hardened adhesive removed from her hair. Brown spent 22 hours in the emergency room. Healthcare workers used acetone and sterile water to loosen the adhesive, which burned her scalp and hardened moments later.

Wtf? You imbecile. Suck it up and go Ripley from Alien 3. Instead you rack up thousands on a futile trip to the emergency room? There is only one option here. Shave your stupid head

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Of course she is going to sue. And some scumbag lawyer will be more than happy to take her case!. . .

Thinking of how that case might be handled in court, I was reminded of my uncle trying to help some people, one person didn't like the outcome, filed a federal lawsuit. It got to court. In the middle of the plaintiff atty's opening arguments the judge hit the gavel, called the atty to the bench "you mean to tell me that's what this case is about, case closed, you lose, and, and, you will never set foot in my courtroom again.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Now that it is impregnated with industrial adhesive, 'just shaving her head' won't be quite as simple as it sounds.

It's probably flammable as hell too.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, thousands of kids will be trying this next in the "gorilla glue challenge."

It will take a lot of tide pods to remove the glue.

And the kids.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was for sure fake when I first saw it. There’s just not enough bottle space for enough warnings to protect every idiot from themselves.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Gorilla should sue her for mis-use of their product and attempting to destroy their reputation.

Needs to be a penalty for stupid.

Oh no, the opposite. They should use this story as advertising! I’d have never thought the product would be so bas ass it could fix a hairdoo in place for over a month despite all the attempts to remove it!

Im sure it would meet all of my adhesive needs!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
She says her hair has been stuck in the hairstyle shown in the video for a month.

I couldn’t read any further. I’m all laughed out for the night. Holy shit... Big Grin

Posts: 17195 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Of course she is going to sue. And some scumbag lawyer will be more than happy to take her case! Friggin’ slug! Read the freakin’ label!!
And if we had 'real' judges and a 'real' legal system, the judge hearing this BS would immediately throw out the case, assess legal costs against Tessica and her attorney, and then formally reprimand her attorney for even bringing such a case. Tessica is....wait for it....a retard.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
< Aussie accent >
Gorilla Glue. A thousand and one uses. Now a thousand and two.

<Elwood Blues voice>
This is Gorilla Glue. Strong stuff.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31473 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I were a judge, I'd hear the case. And I'd bring popcorn.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
That lady brings a whole new level of significance to the cognomen 'fuckwit'.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
She’s obviously a moron, but I’m more amazed at the hospital allowing her to spend nearly a day taking up space in the ER. Send her home and tell her it will grow out in a few months. And what moron level medical staff tried to use acetone on her scalp? Of course it burned!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

Oh no, the opposite. They should use this story as advertising! I’d have never thought the product would be so bas ass it could fix a hairdoo in place for over a month despite all the attempts to remove it!

Im sure it would meet all of my adhesive needs!

Gorilla Glue couldn't possibly use this for an actual advertisement, but I bet they will see a nice sales bump from the unintended press of this case. If I were an executive there, I would be rather happy at the moment.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
And what moron level medical staff tried to use acetone on her scalp? Of course it burned!

They probably did that because acetone dissolves
Cyanoacrylate.

And let me add Ron White's Classic remark:

You can't fix stupid.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Clearly she meant to use "Crazy Glue".
Too soon?

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Report This Post