SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USMNT playing final qualifier for the World Cup tonight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USMNT playing final qualifier for the World Cup tonight. Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
If you are a soccer hater, please move along, thanks.

Game time: 6:00 pacific time. USA vs Costa Rica at Costa Rica.

Unless we loose by 6 goals it looks like we will be back in the World Cup!

Qatar here we go!!!

I have been pleasantly surprised with the young team we have been fielding. They are a faster and feisty group. Despite the injuries there has been enough depth on the roster to put competitive teams on the pitch.

I’m looking forward to being able to watch my national team this go around.

GO USA!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3490 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Who's showing the match?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to see 12 guys not score, I’d go to a bar.

Soccer sucks. More boring than the NFL.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

ThankGod4SigReadingComprehension. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Who's showing the match?

Out here it’s on CBS sports network.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3490 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

Who are the other 11 guys? Smile

And I don't know about the suck part. Especially the women. I will be watching a lot of NWSL on Paramount+ tonight

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Also being streamed on Paramount+

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7634 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Guess I won't be watching. I'm not laying out cash to get access.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe one of these will work for you Pyker

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Whenever Fox Sports has the coverage you are allowed 1 hour to watch without a cable provider. I download the app and watch the 1st half. At halftime I uninstall the app then reinstall it and watch the 2nd half. Smile Not sure if it’s going to work on the CBS Sports app or not but I’ll see.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
quote:

Maybe one of these will work for you Pyker

Thanks, but they are all subscription services or channels not carried by my TV provider.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I’m rooting for the American squad.

My son married a gal from Argentina. Her Dad is a great guy and (no surprise) eats, drinks, and breathes soccer. He is a great student of the game and has turned me into a soccer fan.

A couple of years ago, the Copa tournament was in Chicago: Argentina vs. (I think) Honduras. We got to watch Lionel Messi play. What a great experience.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
2-0 loss.

Well it would have been nice to win, but we are going to the World Cup!!!

We have lost to Costa Rica in Costa Rica the last 6 times. Tough road game every time.

Congratulations USA!!!

We’re going to the World Cup…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Well it would have been nice to win, but we are going to the World Cup!!!

Yep. Too bad about tonight, but they’ll have a run at the Cup.

Let’s go U.S.A.!!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Uh huh. Draw against a Mexican team that could barely hold its shorts up. We advance because Costa Rica only won by two points rather than six - and the US team managed to score five points against Panama. Let's hope magic happens before the US gets much further.

{Sigh}

At least their footwork is infinitely better than its been in the past.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The drawing for the groups will be held Friday.

We are in pot 2.

Pot one is a power group.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It was embarrassing to watch. Amateur bush league standard. The US is going to get shellacked if they play like that in the actual World Cup. Substantial improvement is required, but not enough time to do it.

We'll never get anywhere unless and until we start taking soccer seriously and put in the same effort and money to produce players the way the football, tennis, baseball and track and field establishment do. The talent is there, a country our size should be able to find enough great players to slaughter the rest of the world.

Go USA!

posted Hide Post
Take a deep breath. The USMNT has a few injuries of key players. The important thing is getting in as placement doesn't matter. Get healthy and go USA!

Posts: 828 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
We're supposed to have outgrown the entire concept of "key players" by now since teams relying on "key players" only get so far and no further. The entire freakin' team needs to hum like a generator if its ever going to actually be competitive in vying for the cup.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
Take a deep breath. The USMNT has a few injuries of key players. The important thing is getting in as placement doesn't matter. Get healthy and go USA!

And Costa Rica fielded a team with many 17 and 18 year olds rather than 1st line players. Many of those normal starters would have been suspended if they had gotten a yellow card in this match and would have been unavailable for the far more important playoff game against New Zealand which will decide one of the final spots in the World Cup

The US team should have gotten a draw at a minimum against that side.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3455 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post