SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Minneapolis neighborhood pays for police protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minneapolis neighborhood pays for police protection Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Chuckle, chuckle. Woke has consequences.

“A wealthy Minneapolis neighborhood crowdfunded $210,000 to pay the city's police department for extra officer patrols amid a skyrocketing crime surge.

Extra patrols were dispatched to Lowry Hill, where more than 40 percent of residents earn six figures, after the community raised funds to pay cops $107 for each hour of overtime they worked…”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11037577

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The $107 per hour would need to banked to pay for a lawyer when they throw you under the bus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16123 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
$107.00/hr for overtime cops?

They'd be better off hiring a private firm of some sort.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Problem is, it's a band-aid approach. Once the money runs out, then they will need more money to keep it going.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start cracking heads.

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Don't worry, it won't be long before the police are accused of catering to the rich folks or the woke residents themselves decide to shut it down.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
maybe they can separate from the city, incorporate as their own little city, and start the police force they want.

Sounds like they have the cash, just gotta make it happen.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many of the residents of that little enclave are hypocritical limousine liberals who talk out of both side of their mouth? Their woke progressive bullshit ideologies sound great until the chickens come home to roost in their own backyard.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
This sounds like the movie Kuffs.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ask them if they want to reduce crime or just have it move to a different neighborhood. Because all they are doing, best case, is the latter.

If they really want the former, may be try funding the police and have the DA start putting these criminals behind bars.

Otherwise all they are doing is establishing their own little safe space prison. Leave it at their own risk.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12758 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Raise all of the money that your little heart desires but it wont mean anything or do any good until you get rid of the limp wristed panty waisted DA"s , prosecutors, and the same level judges that let the bad guys back onto the streets before the ink is dry on any of the paperwork to keep doing crimes to be released again and again and again. Until swift a proper punishment is carried out without delay and any chance of getting off with a slap on the wrist then the bad guys just enter a revolving door. ....................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2024 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
That seems astronomical, unless it’s counting fuel, car wear, insurance, etc

Posts: 5747 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Ask them if they want to reduce crime or just have it move to a different neighborhood. Because all they are doing, best case, is the latter.

That's actually the "big picture" result of any police patrol: Move the problem. Give YOUR constituents a break from predators.

I like your idea, but I'm happy with my local PD doing this first.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The $107 per hour would need to banked to pay for a lawyer when they throw you under the bus.

Read this a few times and am curious who is throwing them under the bus and why they would need lawyer fees?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they are properly vetted,licensed,bonded and insured .
Great for the L.E.O's.

If it helps them put the kid's through college ,make house payments or pay medical bills
I don't see concerns ,
But Iam not a lawyer

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54700 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any MSP residents can give some perspective on this neighborhood and the Minneapolis Safety Initiative?

This sounds like a typical HOA line-item for 'safety patrol'

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In other news, Omni Consumer Products put in a bid to purchase the Minneapolis Police Department outright, citing new "crime fighting technology" they have developed...

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
In other news, Omni Consumer Products put in a bid to purchase the Minneapolis Police Department outright, citing new "crime fighting technology" they have developed...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15624 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
If they are properly vetted,licensed,bonded and insured .
Great for the L.E.O's.

If it helps them put the kid's through college ,make house payments or pay medical bills
I don't see concerns ,
But Iam not a lawyer

Round here ALL off duty employment with the possibility of using LEO powers are pre authorized by the department.
One still falls under the city’s law department and legal services just as if you were on duty.
Of course if you tap outside of what you can legally do in the first place you may have a problem.
Also round here FOP Dues include legal coverage.

Guess never really thought of it being different elsewhere. I sure would not be working anywhere I would have to cover my legal fees.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post