SIGforum
Stupid Sentimentality....I am a bastard but somehow very sentimental

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9080061724

July 11, 2017, 11:15 PM
cslinger
Stupid Sentimentality....I am a bastard but somehow very sentimental
So I'm gonna get all spiritual for a second.

My parents have a friend will be shuffling off this mortal coil in the not so far future. As such he is selling lots of stuff off, he and his wife are moving close to kids etc.

At any rate he had an old wood gun cabinet that my dad asked me if I wanted. I said yeah since I figured it would help them out to buy it and worst case I put it in storage.

Well I brought it home today and it's a fairly simple, cheaply made wood thing, nothing to write home about. It's, however, perfect for my oft used air rifles though and I managed to get it in my gun room and you know I have to think, this guy obviously being a gun guy is happy to know his old cabinet is has some rifles in it once again....as it should be.

I imagine this cheap old cabinet will hold some significance to me for a long time that this guy will never know. Stupid for some cheap piece of wood from a guy a barely know but one gun geek to another his cabinet gets to live on doing what it was meant to.

I guess this is my dumbass way of giving said guy just a little bit of living on in some small way.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
July 11, 2017, 11:22 PM
old rugged cross
Oh, that is nice. Both the sentiment and the cabinet. Nice work.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
July 11, 2017, 11:24 PM
creslin
I like it!
I'd maybe consider changing out the wood front for a glass pane however.
It's more fun when you can see the goods!

This is where my signature goes.
July 12, 2017, 06:36 AM
YooperSigs
I think its a nice gesture on your part.
And nice speedloaders!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
July 12, 2017, 06:47 AM
Bassamatic
I like it. If it also holds sentimental value to you, then all the better.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
July 12, 2017, 08:02 AM
HK Ag
Very cool, and you have some unused space at the top you could still optimize too.

You could also get one of those fabric gun safe door organizers and secure it to front door. Or low tech Velcro strips. Check that the hinges can support I guess.

I like it!

HK Ag
July 12, 2017, 09:59 AM
Looks custom made to me and very nice.

AAaahhhhh air rifles....never enough. At least they have their own cabinet. Cool

July 12, 2017, 11:48 AM
Some Shot
Heck yes!

That is so much nicer than the rack I made for my air rifles out of 2x3s and 1x2s in the basement.
July 12, 2017, 11:56 AM
parabellum
cslinger, for what it's worth, I think I know how you feel.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023