SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Financially Free!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Financially Free! Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. We just paid off our mortgage and our youngest graduates in May. It is a wonderful feeling.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There is a huge difference between living in your house or living in the bank's house.

Welcome to the club indeed. I paid off my house on October 12th of 2003 at the ripe old age of 32. The date that you pay off your house will stay in your mind for a long time.

My advice would be to coast and enjoy everything you have accomplished. Then after a year or so, invest heavily in your IRA or 401k if they are available to you.

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on tge accomplishment! What is next?

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Awesome, welcome to the club!

HK Ag

Posts: 3507 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Debt free, and home owners before 40 is an incredibly rare achievement in this day in age.

Congratulations!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
Congrats on tge accomplishment! What is next?

I'm not exactly sure. We're considering making a jump into larger purchases for investment, such as small commercial or residential properties.

In the early days we would take $10 with us each Saturday with the goal of turning that into $100 or more from sales. Often, we'd do better. Now we're at a point where we look for the bigger items, such as zero turn mowers, golf carts, vehicles, and travel trailers. The idea being that we are the only ones garage saling with that kind of cash available, so we can get the best deals from sellers not wanting to wait for Banks to open on Monday.
I'm ready to take it to the next level, but my wife is still ready to relax and enjoy the debt free life

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Paying off the house is a wonderful feeling.

Posts: 5699 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Congrats. The American dream.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
I also am debt free. I'm retired and make more money every year from what I own than I ever made working for a living. I still spend less than I make so my net worth grows every year. It's a wonderful feeling.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I’m not in the club yet, but I’m far ahead of many of my friends so I plan on being in the club before I turn 40 (8 years left)

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the financial freedom. Sacrifice and discipline pay off handsomely.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post