SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone updated their iPhone to iOS 16?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone updated their iPhone to iOS 16? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
The update before last wrecked my battery life down to about 3 hours. Then the last update brought it back. iOS 16 is a .0 revision and I'm a bit leery about it but I would like to check out the new passkey feature.

Any experience with this optional upgrade?

Posts: 45327 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worked required it on my work phone and I updated both mine and my wife's phone.

No problems so far.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that i have an iPhone 11. May I ask what model you have?

Posts: 45327 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Ran the beta on my iPad for a month or 2. iPhone 12 Pro updated and no issues.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I had it on my 13 Pro before I traded it in. Everything was fine and I loved that notifications on the lock screen are at the bottom where my hand is.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I'm updating my 13 as I speak (well, type)...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16260 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
updated my 12 Pro max no issues earlier in the week

running on new 14 Pro max delivered yesterday, no issues

lots of new features and adds, dig deep in the the setting, especially location services used by apps, new setting to default out of on some

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After performing a back up, I updated my 13 Pro to 15.7 then to 16. Works fine.

I'm not buying the new 14.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A few days ago. Awaiting iOS for IPad due next month…

Posts: 13793 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I’ve had 16 since release, and I haven’t seen a lot of difference since I haven’t had time to check out new features. My wife was complaining about battery life on her 13 with the latest 15.x before 16.0. It appears stable, at least, and the immediate differences I see are the size of the clock font and the “report junk” confirmation when deleting a text.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1159 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Installed it on my 12 last night and so far no issues.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34075 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Installed on my 11 pro. Really no issues except when I got to the gym and it wouldn't connect to my airpod pros. I hadn't tried connecting up until the. When I got home, I had to go through the reconnect procedure as if connecting a new airpod pro. No big deal. There's a lot of new features that will take some time to work through.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I wouldn’t have known about these updates if you hadn’t.

Posts: 26849 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm updating my 13 as I speak (well, type)...

Everything seems good.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16260 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Installed it on both my wife's and my 11 yesterday with no issues.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1854 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Installed it on both my wife's and my 11 yesterday with no issues.

As did I but iPhone XRs. No issues, but a ton of changes to things, starting with Siri and going on to the Lock Screen. I like it a lot.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Seems like they actually made a lot of good changes this time.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Man, seeing all these newer phones. I still have an 8 Plus for personal and a 6 for work. Once I do a backup, I will upgrade to iOS 16. I just need to bite the bullet and get the new iPhone that was released. I will have to see if iOS 16 is even available for my work phone. I usually use it as a Guinea Pig for updates.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Normin, as I understand it, the iPhone 6 hasn’t been eligible for several of the recent security updates, so it probably won’t work with iOS 16. I had a 6 plus that I really hated to give up on, because the size was just right. I upgraded to an iPhone 11 and have about gotten used to not having a home button.

Posts: 26849 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
12 and 12 Pro Max here both running iOS 16 with no issues.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post