SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for single guys only - Bumble?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for single guys only - Bumble? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you put it that way there’s ALWAYS a downside to dating. The alternative is celibacy and I’m not ready for that. Eventually nature will take its course but why rush it.

Not really, dating sites are going to have waaaaay more girls with issues/baggage. Guys too if you are a female using them. Not that you could not meet a good person. But chances are ain't gonna happen.

You were the one who said "doesn't appear to have a downside." I was just responding to that comment.

My general thought about them is get off the puter and work at meeting people in real life. The more people you meet the bigger chance you will have a meet a quality mate or friend.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to just meeting them at a bar? Confused
They always look better. Smile

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Whatever happened to just meeting them at a bar? Confused
They always look better. Smile

Old rugged cross thinks the crazies are online. I think they’re all hanging out in bars. Anyway, I’m not much of a bar hopper and the trend is certainly heading towards online. Unless you’re in college, bars take too much time and too much money. Plus winter in New England puts a big chill on running around at night. I’m posting this from the gym on a Friday night Smile

All I wanted to know was how Bumble worked out for those who tried it. We’re on page 2 with only one Bumble review from Perception and a whole lot of scare stories. I have to do another set before I can light up my cigar.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It works, just luck any other dating medium. There are pro's and cons to everything. Bumble is a pain in the fact that if you use the free version, the match has 24 hours to respond (you can extend it once another 24 hours) and if they don't respond with a quick text to you, the match disappears. I have a friend who met her fiancé there. It takes time to keep up with it, but you can meet women there. Keep in mind there's lots of competetition due to it being a free dating site...…..try it, if anything it's a source of entertainment while you're sitting on the throne in the morning. Lot's of sexy women here in South Florida on it.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post