SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternative to Verizon Cellular?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative to Verizon Cellular? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

"If you travel a lot all over the US and you want to be able to get a signal almost regardless of where you are, get Verizon. If you don't, then get one of the others."
AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile had spotty service at Our Little Airport. Could not get a reliable signal in the hangar, especially in the office area. Had to walk out a hundred yard or so. Nice, when it was raining. Frown

Verizon signal (through Spectrum mobile) is rock solid every place on the airport.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30705 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

"If you travel a lot all over the US and you want to be able to get a signal almost regardless of where you are, get Verizon. If you don't, then get one of the others."
AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile had spotty service at Our Little Airport. Could not get a reliable signal in the hangar, especially in the office area. Had to walk out a hundred yard or so. Nice, when it was raining. Frown

Verizon signal (through Spectrum mobile) is rock solid every place on the airport.

For many years, if you went to Wikieup Az, if you didn't have Verizon, you got no cell at all.

That changed a few years back and now it's good for most everybody.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just remembered something a traveling Bank Of America rep told me years ago.

"If you travel a lot all over the US and you want to be able to get a signal almost regardless of where you are, get Verizon. If you don't, then get one of the others.

I traveled all over the US when I owned my business and found he was right. I've loaned mu phone to quite a few people who couldn't get a signal over the years.
That simply isn't the case any more. Through mergers, acquisitions, and other business expansions, T-Mobile's coverage has grown substantially, so much so, it has surpassed Verizon in a number of places around the country. Verizon, like many competitors, has lost a bunch of its advantage, and is now running squarely middle of the pack.

The entire business model for cellular is rapidly moving toward the MVNO, no brick and mortar, model (for obvious cost reasons), so if you aren't on one now, you likely will be on one or something similar in the not so distant future.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post