SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'Bikini climber' reportedly freezes to death after falling off mountain in Taiwan
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Bikini climber' reportedly freezes to death after falling off mountain in Taiwan Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I'm posting this as a PSA to warn others against hiking mountains clad in only a bikini, because something like this could happen! I'm sure we've all been tempted to do this but we need to be cautious because it can truly have dire consequences. Wink Roll Eyes

A Taiwanese woman who was known for climbing mountains in a bathing suit reportedly died after she fell during a hike.

GiGi Wu, the self-proclaimed bikini climber, was in Taiwan's Nantou County on Saturday, during a hike, when she tumbled into a valley near Mabolasi Mountain, Taiwan News reported.

It took rescuers more than a day to get to 36-year-old Wu because of bad weather, according to the news outlet. By the time search teams arrived, she was reportedly dead.

A fire department official told the Liberty Times that temperatures around the mountain where Wu was stuck were freezing and that they did all they could to rescue her.

Wu appeared to be an active Facebook user, often posting of her bikini travels.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...f-mountain-in-taiwan

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Darwin is undefeated.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I feel a great loss. Frown

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Another for the "what could possibly go wrong" file. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Another for the "what could possibly go wrong" file. Roll Eyes

It was the inappropriate choice of climbing shoes.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well you know, shoes make the outfit.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Tragic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Can't believe this is news.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to beleive someone in China would name their Daughter GiGi

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I wish they would stop littering the mountains w/ bodies.
I feel bad for the people who's job it is to pick up the litter.
Or maybe have a goal, "If you bring up two bodies, take four down."

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Sum tin went wong?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
I'm posting this as a PSA to warn others against hiking mountains clad in only a bikini, because something like this could happen! I'm sure we've all been tempted to do this but we need to be cautious because it can truly have dire consequences.

Well, damn. There goes my next “man-cation” idea.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Wu who?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to go hiking in just my Speedo this weekend but after reading this I'm going to wait until spring. Thank you for posting it.

Posts: 131 | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Let me guess - she was an 'internet sensation?'. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Stupid hurts.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
I find it hard to beleive someone in China would name their Daughter GiGi

I went on FB and there may be 100 Wu GiGi. At the least.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Never heard or seen her. It is to bad. May she Rip.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Never heard or seen her. It is to bad. May she Rip.

On a side note. It seem's like every time out in public I see grown men and/or women in night time attire. Like PJ's or worse. I am talking several. Like they just got up. Did not comb their hair or brush their teeth. Just got up and went out.

A nice looking women in a bikini rock climbing is a way, way, way better sight. I am sorry she died.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure it was not the lack of clothing that killed her.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post