SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mississippi governor tricked into saying ‘Harry Azcrac’ at virtual graduation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mississippi governor tricked into saying ‘Harry Azcrac’ at virtual graduation Login/Join 
posted
Kind of a fun story. He apparently took it well.

t’s a prank that would make Bart Simpson proud.

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves was duped into congratulating a curiously named student — Harry Azcrac — during a virtual graduation ceremony.

In the video, streamed on Facebook Live, Reeves sends his well wishes to the school’s valedictorian before running down the list of newly minted graduates.

“Harry Azcrac,” the Republican guv reads, before pausing in a sudden realization of what he’s just done.

Prankster Thomas DeMartini took credit for the juvenile joke.

“Proud moment: I got Tate reeves to say the name Harry Azcrac on Facebook live. And yes I’ve been laughing for about 25 minutes now,” DeMartini tweeted on Saturday.

As news of the slip-up went viral, Reeves rolled with the punches and even offered up another classic.

“Harry’s submitter has a bright future as a Simpson’s writer!” he tweeted. “In 10 minutes we’ll be honoring more graduates on Facebook Live. Maybe even Ben—the pride of the Dover family.”

LINK: https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/...-virtual-graduation/

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
That is like the buzzer beater of senior pranks.

My senior year some guys stole a temporary speed bump and installed it on the stage the night before graduation.

Damn school got it cut off before we walked. That was pretty awesome

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
....He has a wife you know....

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
....He has a wife you know....
wasn't her maiden name "Beaver?"

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Kudos to the governor. There are still people with a sense of humor.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
When my ship was going in to dry dock in Pascagoula, MS (Ingalls ship yard) for some refit work there were a lot of contractors that came aboard to do work. A seaman on quarterdeck watch that answered incoming calls and manned the ships PA system, thought it would be funny to announce over the PA there was a phone call for a Mr. Mehoff, Mr. Jack Mehoff.

It was a momentary break up of being stuck there for a couple months. He didn't get in much trouble, but he never did it again.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I had absolutely nothing to do with that....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good for the governor! Gets the joke and plays along.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sum Tin Wong

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
"This is Richard Hunt. I'd like to speak to my brother Mike."

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hugh G. Rection is a fav.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Happen's to the best of us.lol

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Mike Oxbig and Phil McCrackin are two of my favorites.

Funny story on the first. It was winter exams back when I was a Purdue student. At the student union, there was a pool hall and the local newspaper decided to take pictures of students blowing off steam during exam week. Three guys from my house were playing pool and one of them gave his name as Mike Oxbig. We all had a good chuckle when the picture was in the newspaper the next day and Mike Oxbig was lined up for a shot.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I once got the guy at the bowling alley to page Bea Chermeete.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I went to high school with a guy whose name I had never thought twice about....until one day he stopped me at work to say some thing to the effect of "You've known me a couple years now & never said anything about my name: (going into real slow pace) D i c k S l i n g e r......

well I couldn't tell which was funnier, me not noticing or him making a semi Big Deal over it.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I knew a girl who's last name was Stitz, which always sounded awkward to say along with her first name. Along with a Male patient whos last name was Snachole, felt sorry for his wife...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I knew a woman named Alice in the 70's whose maiden name was Hole. She seemed to be quite happy to introduce herself by her married name even though that was long over when I met her. I never spoke to her about it, but she must have had a challenging childhood given the native kindness and unquestioning acceptance of most kids. I met her mom (dad was dead), she was a nice lady, but I never worked up the gumption to ask, "how could you do that to your child?"

Of course, it is just a name, and meaningless in and of itself, but I can't help but think that at least some of the self-destructive behavior that Alice exhibited could have been the consequence of a naming decision. May she RIP.

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the late 60's there was a Harry Dick and a Dick Stroker listed in the Toledo phone book.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I went to school with a guy whose last name was "Dick". He got married and when they were pregnant with a girl, they legally changed their last name.

Of course his callsign in the Navy was "Cravin" Dick. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post