SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton did not say Tulsi Gabbard's name and yet everyone including Gabbard knew Clinton was referring to her. Maybe Gabbard should think about how her actions have led everyone to instantly know Clinton was referring to her.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This strikes me as part of a good long-term play on her part. If the 2020 elections turn out to be anywhere near a McGovern-type trouncing at the polls for the democrats she may suddenly seem to be the only voice of reason in the party.

Attacking the old guard to gain a seat at the table makes sense to me. No fan of her politics for sure.

A possible 2024 matchup? Gabbard versus Nikki Haley.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I only wish she has snuck a coded "Epstein didn't kill himself" reference into the court filing. Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton refuses to be served Tulsi Gabbard’s defamation lawsuit

https://nypost.com/2020/01/29/...-defamation-lawsuit/

Hillary Clinton has now twice snubbed a process server attempting to deliver the defamation lawsuit filed against her by Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, according to Gabbard’s attorney.

“I find it rather unbelievable that Hillary Clinton is so intimidated by Tulsi Gabbard that she won’t accept service of process,” the congresswoman’s attorney, Brian Dunne, told The Post. “But I guess here we are.”

Dunne said their process server first attempted to effect service at the Clinton’s house in Chappaqua Tuesday afternoon — but was turned away by Secret Service agents.

The agents directed the server to the Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall, who on Wednesday claimed at his Washington, D.C. firm Williams & Connolly that he was unable to accept service on Clinton’s behalf, said Dunne.

Gabbard sued the former secretary of state for $50 million last week for calling her a “Russian asset.” Clinton has refused to retract the statement.

Dunne said his team was weighing next steps.

Reps for Clinton did not immediately return a request for comment.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I have never been so tempted to make note of some of the predictions in this thread for future reference (and then probably get myself tarred and feathered and run out on a rail).

We could start another whole “trite expressions” thread with this motherlode. Roll Eyes

Myself, I've no predictions to offer, but I look forward to seeing it play out. Wink

Them claws is comin' out, boys! Best stand back and let 'em tangle for a bit 'afore you kin scruff 'em! Big Grin

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
On Fox News, it seems Hillary is refusing to be served: FOX NEWS LINKY

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7274 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she scared...

can't Arkancide a person running for President.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Dead Woman Walking.
Poor Tulsi, surfing accident drowning in quick sand or mauled by a polar bear any is likely now in Hawaii. God Speed,Fair Winds and Following Seas.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a legal beagle, but can't a judge issue a bench warrant for her to appear or else if the order is refused?

Posts: 3385 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Not a legal beagle, but can't a judge issue a bench warrant for her to appear or else if the order is refused?

Could but won’t

Posts: 3390 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Could but won’t
In a civil suit?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Civil suit, pant suit, "there was coal in my stocking" soot...

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
She is avoiding service of process, the bitch. Secret Service stopped the process server at her New York house, and her lawyer refused to accept service on her behalf.

I'd start by trying to make an appointment with the Secret Service to serve her. If they refuse, I'd sue the Secret Service for exceeding it's authority and interfering with a constitutional right. Then I'd file a criminal complaint against the Secret Service Agents that interfered according to the law quoted below.

Assuming that none of this would be effective in a reasonable time period, I would also call every press outlet I could find, describing her avoidance, and publicizing the actions of the Secret Service to protect her from liability for her actions.

The hit to her public persona, plus the political damage to the Secret Service would get this done.

quote:
18 U.S. Code § 1501. Assault on process server

Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs, resists, or opposes any officer of the United States, or other person duly authorized, in serving, or attempting to serve or execute, any legal or judicial writ or process of any court of the United States, or United States magistrate judge; or

Whoever assaults, beats, or wounds any officer or other person duly authorized, knowing him to be such officer, or other person so duly authorized, in serving or executing any such writ, rule, order, process, warrant, or other legal or judicial writ or process—

Shall, except as otherwise provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
She is avoiding service of process, the bitch. Secret Service stopped the process server at her New York house, and her lawyer refused to accept service on her behalf.

Guys, there's no reason to go to DefCon anything yet. Tulsi just has to show that she's made every reasonable effort to provide Hill the Pill notice - and at some point, the judge will probably tell Tulsi that if she just takes an ad out in the local newspaper, that'll do fine. For Hill (or, more particularly her lawyer if Kendall is still on Hill's payroll) to avoid process is a screaming sign of weakness and fear. After all, if Hill hasn't even arguably done anything to hurt Tulsi, then Hill should have the money and lawyers to brush Tulsi off of her shoulder. It's not like Hill's desperately trying to keep her schedule clear so that she can run for President or something (and no, with Iowa just around the corner and Hill's name not on the ballot, Hill is absolutely not running).

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Guys, there's no reason to go to DefCon anything yet. Tulsi just has to show that she's made every reasonable effort to provide Hill the Pill notice - and at some point, the judge will probably tell Tulsi that if she just takes an ad out in the local newspaper, that'll do fine. For Hill (or, more particularly her lawyer if Kendall is still on Hill's payroll) to avoid process is a screaming sign of weakness and fear. After all, if Hill hasn't even arguably done anything to hurt Tulsi, then Hill should have the money and lawyers to brush Tulsi off of her shoulder. It's not like Hill's desperately trying to keep her schedule clear so that she can run for President or something (and no, with Iowa just around the corner and Hill's name not on the ballot, Hill is absolutely not running).

Oh, legally I absolutely agree. The presiding judge would solve the problem. But arguably Tulsi's interests are best served by making a spectacle of the entire thing. Plus, I like popcorn, and anything that publicly embarrasses Hill is a net societal, even cosmic, good.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bottomless swamp, I mean bottomless for them that’s got.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I find the statement about vile-Hillary's protection detail turning away a process server odd.

Can they turn away a police officer or code enforcement monkey or whomever else on official business? Fed or State or Local?

Are they really there for such mundane and arguably irrelevant tasks?

Surely they could/did easily and quickly ascertain the process server was there on legitimate business.

Are they essentially her door butlers, asking "are you here, ma'am" before telling the dude to buzz off?

That seems so ludicrously *not* what they're really supposed to be there for.

Given her SecState position I certainly understand keeping people who held that and other similar positions safe from crazies, kidnappers, actual terrorists, etc. Makes perfect sense.

But beyond that?

Anyway. Sounds weird to me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Her lawyer accepted service today. Somebody's brain finally functioned, before this turned into a shitshow.