SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - And the newest staff shooter for Carbon Express is...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - And the newest staff shooter for Carbon Express is... Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Our daughter!

These showed up in the mail today so I guess it's now safe to brag. During last month's Vegas Shoot our daughter talked with the people in the Carbon Express booth and was offered a staff shooter position with them. Carbon Express is one of the premier arrow manufacturers.

So to start off she has a set of Nano Pro RZ's for outdoor use and X-Busters for indoor use. I'm grateful for their support, but what I value more is seeing how serious our daughter values her position as a staff shooter. It's a sense of pride for her but it's also a source of motivation for her as well.

Arizona Cup is in three weeks, I've got to get busy cutting shafts, gluing vanes and tuning to get them ready...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!! Smile

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
That is very cool. Well done all around.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Awesome Maya! Quick silly question! Does she shoot plain old points with these, or is there something better? Thanks! Keep kicking em out at very high speeds kiddo!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
She'll be shooting glue in points in both of these rather than glued in inserts with screw in field points. Glue in points are a little more precise in their tolerances and not having an insert is one less variable to worry about.

Tool steel parabolic points for her outdoor arrows.
https://carbonexpressarrows.co...?variant=31882071244

Pinpoints for her indoor arrows. The sharp points really do look menancing in the front of an arrow.
https://carbonexpressarrows.co...?variant=31882073868

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help this old guy understand? The pricing for these points is shown as either $24.99 or $179.99 depending on which point. The quantity is listed as, 1, for either. Is 1 a single point, or 1 package of how many?

BTW, congratulations for Maya!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
1 is a package of 12 points. And yes there is a huge price difference between the stainless and tool steel points.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Man oh life,that girl is talented,hell I when I used to be able to hunt I bought stuff off the rack,no way was I able to do what she is doing.Later in my hunting I went carbon bolts.
Had to give up the compound bow and go with a ten point cross bow with a cocking device.
sucks to be old but better than the alternative.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad you asked that question about cost. I read both and thought it was for one arrow head. Congrats to your daughter. Nice work.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post