SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you wash your car at home? How's your water?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you wash your car at home? How's your water? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I picked up some Chemical Guys snow foam was today, plus a new wash mitt. I've got a handful of new microfiber towels here already, and I'm looking forward to the weekend. The new ride is going to get its first wash since purchase, and I'm kind of excited about it.

The forecast calls for rain Saturday and Sunday, but Monday looks like a beautiful day for some car care.

Thanks for the tips, y'all!

God bless America.

Posts: 13905 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:

Also, the Adam's ceramic on windows (auto, house, otherwise) is excellent inside & out. I've used the glass-specific & the normal (bottle & spray) and all work extremely well. I bought a bottle of the spray-ceramic, so I'm not buying the glass-specific any more.

Caution here. I have Bosch Icon wipers on my car and it did *not* like ceramic coating on the windshield.

Apparently, the water hits the glass, immediately beads up, and then there isn't enough water to lubricate the leading edge of the blade as it moves. Nothing but chatter. Had to polish the coating off...

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Argh! I washed the beast last weekend, using the new mitt, the Chemical Guys foam, and the cannon. It looks great, except for the roof -- which has more spots than a leopard.

What the heck??

Next questions, of course, are:
- why did I get spots, and
- how do I get rid of them?

God bless America.

Posts: 13905 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post