SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I can snap my teeth in and out of my head will be my new super power (snap in dentures)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can snap my teeth in and out of my head will be my new super power (snap in dentures) Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
So I became a member of the club yesterday. 15 teeth normal extractions, one surgical, two implants for snap in lowers and regular upper dentures. They also flattened the lower jaw and threw some stitches in for good measure. For the whole shebang including temporary and final dentures it's gonna run about 13 grand. Dental insurance is pretty good so I'll be out of pocket about 7 grand when all is said and done. Should I decide later to get implants and snap in dentures for the top that can be done. I'll wait about 5 years or so as my insurance will only cover dentures every 5 years.

Dentures can be a hassle but it's better than the constant pain of the last 10 years or so.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I need partials and some other dental work. I will only do sedation so that adds to the cost. I'm looking at $40K and have no insurance for it. I'm weighing the costs against how long I think I'm going to live. Not really interested in taking on a debt of that size at this time for something that is largely cosmetic.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Full snap ins upper and lower was quoted to me at 20 grand including the extractions etc and after insurance. The total for permanent screw in full dentures was 50k after insurance. Big difference after the increase for the dentures themselves and extra implants was due to an oral surgeon being necessary for that work.

I personally feel that snap ins would be better in my case because you can take them out and clean them. The screw in types can't be removed and are harder to clean, especially anything that gets underneath.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I need partials and some other dental work. I will only do sedation so that adds to the cost. I'm looking at $40K and have no insurance for it. I'm weighing the costs against how long I think I'm going to live. Not really interested in taking on a debt of that size at this time for something that is largely cosmetic.

I don't know how old you are but I will be 74 next week. I will be looking at having this snap in procedure done sooner rather than later.

Here is my take. Being free of painful, natural teeth and being able to chew again is pretty darn important. Cosmetic? Well yeah, I guess, but eating normal again is also a consideration. No?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Man, I genuinely feel for you guys going through this much dental work. I’m suddenly feeling the need to make an appointment for a check up. Smile

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7000 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post