Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gabby Petito Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Recall the movie Manhunter and how the serial killer dealt with the tabloid hack?

https://i.imgur.com/hktUDI4.mp4

We need a few of these...

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Had Evelyn been a 6' tall 300lb black prostitute named Sheena who walked over from Times Square, she surely would not have garnered the attention that she did.

Well, there would dang sure have been more damage to the car...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Google 'crime magazines' and go down the rabbit hole. NEWS, north east west south = entertainment today! Even in a shallow grave, vultures are there to tell the tale.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It has been a personal conviction of mine for years. I will never speak to any media type in regards to anything. Not a single solitary syllable. I don't care if I just saved a orphanage full of poor children from a fire. Not a word will they get.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If reading or hearing about someone’s death is ghoulish, what about seeing it? (The last public hanging in America.)

There’s nothing new about the public’s fascination with death. There are many old photos of huge crowds attending public executions.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I miss Law Enforcement and working at the Medical Examiners Office, I do not miss the public's fascination with death.

Do not get me wrong, I still follow cases, read reports, ME autopsies etc.. but that is the investigator in me and the need to keep my skills sharp.

Thanks to the stress of being unemployed, I am not sleeping like I should. So,,, I after a couple of hours I got up walked around and thought I would watch a little TV. As I was flipping through the few channels we get (with rabbit ears) trying to find a re-run of King of Queens, Mom, Becker etc... I saw Inside Edition or some other rag talking about this case.

The show anchor stated that there were 7 million views on twitter and tic toc regarding these two nitwits who were giving make up advice along with providing a daily commentary of the case.

They are not LE, former LE, lawyers etc.. Just two mindless female twits who are making tons of money spouting off mindless dribble.

I have not followed the case or know any details except that other social justice group is pissy because the world is taking notice of this case and not every other case regarding people who check an additional box.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I kept my eye on this case some, still unfolding.

I do agree, more attention paid for some than others, just the way it is.

One could ask, where the $$ came from?

He should of known, if it can’t be worked out, get her home or buy a bus/plane ticket.

Posts: 6126 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Wag the DOG sceniero... it's misdirection to keep us occupied by something other than the current state of our nation and abroad and the buffoons at the helm.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm going to ask you guys to stop chalking all this up to "misdirection". That is not what is going on. Please keep the conspiracy theories out of here.

Occam's Razor, gentlemen

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm going to ask you guys to stop chalking all this up to "misdirection". That is not what is going on. Please keep the conspiracy theories out of here.

Occam's Razor, gentlemen

I was just going to erase my post you beat me to the point ....well taken...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the first I've heard of this case. I haven't owned a TV in years, and have no plans to get one. I get better quality news on this very forum.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
What I found shocking is how common missing persons are. Where do they all go when they go missing?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been exactly three days since I posted here about Fox's coverage. Just went to their website and yup, this case still takes up the top half of the page.

I guess nothing else has happened in the country in the last three days...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
In the surprise of all surprises.... (although the degree to which he's willing to whore himself and even the cancer of his wife for being on TV was a bit of a surprise)

Dog the Bounty Hunter Shopping a New TV Series While He Chases Brian Laundrie (EXCLUSIVE)

As Dog the Bounty Hunter makes his way back into the news by chasing down Brian Laundrie — the person of interest after his fiancée, Gabby Petito, was found dead in Wyoming — he’s also plotting his return to TV. Thinkfactory Media, the producers behind WE TV’s “Marriage Boot Camp” and “Mama June: From Not to Hot” and TBS’ “Rat in the Kitchen,” among other hit reality franchises, is currently shopping a new series starring the Dog.

Dog the Bounty Hunter, of course, is Duane “Dog” Chapman, who starred in A&E’s “Dog the Bounty Hunter” for eight seasons. Later, Chapman and his wife, Beth, starred in the CMT series “Dog and Beth: On the Hunt,” which ran for two years. A&E chronicled Beth Chapman’s cancer diagnosis in the 2017 special “Dog and Beth: Fight of Their Lives.”

Most recently, WGN America ran the series “Dog’s Most Wanted,” which aired in fall 2019. Another series, “Dog’s Unleashed,” was originally set to run on the streaming service UnleashedTV, but was later scrapped.

Thinkfactory is currently working with Chapman on pitching the new show, believed to follow Chapman’s day-to-day life and his exploits. That could include his current activities — and he’s back in the headlines as he leads a bounty hunting expedition to find Laundrie. Chapman has been posting video on social media of his search, including one on Wednesday in which he detailed his “active and specific search in a key area based on the intelligence we are receiving and researching. Boat crews and ground teams have been called in and we have search and rescue dogs deployed.”

Laundrie has been on the run since Petito was declared missing. Her remains were later found in Wyoming, near where the two were last seen together. Laundrie and Petito had been on a road trip together, but Laundrie later returned home to Florida without Petito. More recently, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino confirmed that Laundrie went camping with his parents in early September, but Laundrie’s parents have insisted that they don’t know their son’s current whereabouts.

A federal court in Wyoming issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie in relation to a grand jury indictment for his “activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito,” the FBI has announced, accusing Laundrie of fraud for using an unauthorized debit card.

“Dog the Bounty Hunter” first premiered in 2004, a year after Chapman first rose to notoriety by successfully capturing another high-profile fugitive, Max Factor heir Andrew Luster, in Mexico in 2003.

Chapman has faced plenty of his own controversy; in 2007, production paused on the A&E series after Chapman’s use of racist slurs became public; he later apologized. But more recently, after the Unleashed project was canceled in March, the company told E! News that an independent firm’s investigation into Chapman’s conduct found that he “used racial and homophobic epithets to attack young African-American kids who star with his daughter in UTV’s The System, a show that profiles police misconduct and follows protests against white supremacy in policing.”

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dog the Bounty Hunter has failed.

But he has somehow determined that the person of interest looks guilty because he has not turned himself in.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
What I found shocking is how common missing persons are. Where do they all go when they go missing?

Missing person statistics are massively misleading. Most are "found" quickly. Many are mental health issues. Some are gone from wherever by their own will. Some are suicides. A very, very small number are victims of violent crime.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's been a burning question ever since Ambrose Bierce (or before).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just sat through a TV special on the ID channel (all the gore, all the time) where various "experts" tried to solve the case. John Walsh is riding the case for all he is worth. Lots of whining about Moab PDs handling of the call they received between Laundrie and Petito being involved in a domestic dispute. To the point where they stated that it would be great if Social Workers went with cops on all domestic disputes.
Needless to say, none of these "experts" have any LE experience. All just another example of the circus revolving around Petitos death.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

They go to another town, get clobbered by a pimp, or get wrapped up in drugs or both, factor some kinda sexual assault or slavery, then when the person quits producing money for the pimp they get dumped…they are ashamed and never go or call home and become the homeless guy with a shopping cart under the freeway.

Or a sadistic person haunts bus stops inLA and finds a kid seeking his/her break into Hollywood and they get tricked, drugged, used and killed, and dumped in the desert between LA and Vegas.

PS, doesn’t have to be Hollywood.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11233 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Go on YouTube and search Kensington Philadelphia. This will give an idea where many of the missing end up. This is just a couple of blocks in one city. Multiply it by hundreds of such neighborhoods and you get the picture. This is not denial that people aren’t killed and dumped in shallow graves; it’s merely to reiterate the point that many of the missing choose to be missing for whatever reason.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post