Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gabby Petito Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bloodsuckers. They pick a "juicy" case once or twice a year and run with it. I still hear stories about stuff that happened years ago, like the female postal worker than murdered several of her children. It makes me sick that they make these murderers famous. Catch them and put them down and erase their memory.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
I see that the press coverage and attention has finally generated accusations of racism citing “Missing white woman syndrome”. The accusation says that missing women of color are ignored but missing white woman are publicized.

This is due to racism says the accuser.

This is a VERY old phenomenon. Remember Jon Bennet Ramsey, the cute and (very) white child beauty queen? Found murdered in her family's basement after she was reported missing, after the father hired a random homeless dude to do lawn work or something around the house. That was late 80's/early 90's, and every so often, I STILL see tabloids hyping the story. They blamed every single member of the family for her death, and I don't think they ever did figure out who did it.

About 10 years ago, there was a CSI show or something that highlighted the 'missing white blond girl syndrome.' The show focused on a missing latina girl, who nobody cared about, while they focused entirely on the cute blond girls.

It's the oldest trick in 'journalism' - if it bleeds, it leads.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I've chased more than a few reporters and cameramen off of my scenes. Scum that want to stick the camera in the face of a mother and wife who just lost 2 family members in a drowning at the beach. Scum who just need to get that sound bite from a mother who's at the scene of her kids shooting. They love to get the village idiot who "seen it all!" When they were 5 blocks away and around the corner. Yet low information people lap that shit up like a kitten doesn't milk.

Yeah, they LOVE weeping family members. Back in 1986 when space shuttle Challenger was lost, they kept showing the footage of Crista McAuliffe's parents watching their daughter die. Over and OVER again. They love to have a grieving relative scream and blame Republican leaders, especially after a shooting or other 'hot-topic' kind of event.

BUT, when one of these precious reporters dies, they IMMEDIATELY bring out the line about how "the family needs time to grieve in private" BS. I noticed this double standard decades ago. . .

As for this case, I really don't care. Not that I'm heartless or unfeeling; I have sympathy for the family, of course. I simply will not invest myself emotionally in the death of a complete stranger. I have enough problems with friends and family without trying to take on the burdens of whoever is in the news this week.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Don Henley pretty much nailed it in Dirty Laundry.
These stories are there because people can't stay away and get the eyeballs.
We have a leash on us here and look how many of us have looked and posted on this subject. Replace the name with someone else that doesn't fit the demographic with some other lesser known person and see how quick if falls off page one.
We're all guilty to some extent and that's why Para has the rule.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Simple question, why did 'others' using this undeveloped camping area not respond to the carrion flocking around the corpse? Ravens love road kill!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

no correlation, but interesting that the search for these two pull up 9 other bodies.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ Holy COW!!! If all true Holy Cow! that's a lot of bodies

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its actually quite common for a missing person to be found deceased in an area which was extensively searched previously. Often by a non searcher who randomly discovers the body.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post