SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are there any GOOD mattress protectors out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any GOOD mattress protectors out there? Login/Join 
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted
Wife and I just got a new gel memory foam mattress and she wanted to get a good protector for it as she's hit that time of her life where she gets the night sweats pretty bad.

It seems like everything we've tried at the stores local to us are either:
1) Too plastic-y (noisy, reflects the heat and makes the sweats worse)
2) Too ill-fitting (I can't stand wrinkles under the sheet, 12" mattress but the covers are up to 18" deep)
3) Not actually waterproof (mattress is damp under the "protector")

So does anyone have actual experience with a mattress protector that Fits, feels more cloth like, and doesn't reflect heat?

It's either that, or we just go without a protector, but is there danger of damaging the mattress if one sweats, or a pet has an accident? I mean, we never used mattress protectors in the past, are they really that much more important now?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This has worked well for over 5 years now on a memory foam mattress that meets all your criteria:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SAFEGUARD - Protects from dust. No phthalates, vinyl, PVC, so it does not feel like you are sleeping on plastic.
WATERPROOF PROTECTION - Locks out stains, odors and germs from urine, sweat, pets or spills that happen in the middle of the night.
SLEEP COMFORTABLY - Cotton terry fabric sleeps cool and does not change the feel of the bed or your bedding. Does not make any noise to wake you up.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I saw that one in my search, but just couldn't trust the reviews based on some other experiences.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
Thank you! I saw that one in my search, but just couldn't trust the reviews based on some other experiences.

We bought it on May 14, 2015, and as said, it has served flawlessly on our thick memory foam mattress; and checks all your boxes. Smile

FWIW reviewmeta.com gives the product this:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
We use this- https://www.slumbercloud.com/p...ail&utm_source=yotpo

I freaking hated our memory foam mattress prior to getting this; I got way too hot and was always fighting the stupid mattress cover that it came with because it didn’t fit right. The cover above completely changed the mattress for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
....but just couldn't trust the reviews...

When in doubt I run it through Fake Spot. Copy and paste the product's page URL and get a computer analysis. It gives a letter grade for both the product reviews and the seller. Not perfect I'm sure, but another tool in the box.

https://www.fakespot.com

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post