SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which gun organization to join/support
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which gun organization to join/support Login/Join 
posted
I am an NRA member and will be forever. No, I don't particularly like WLP but he is there and will be until he retires or dies due to the way the elections are conducted.
I would like recommendations from members here as to another organization that will responsibly use my money/support in view of the recent pushes by the Commie Left to dissembowel the Second Amendment. I would like my funds to do the most good for the amount rendered. In this view, I am interested in administrative costs versus actual monies spent on actions to protect our rights.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2896 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The SAF, Second Amendment Foundation is great and I also support my state organization ISRA. There are other good ones but if i could choose only one it would be SAF. Thanks for inquiring!

https://www.saf.org/

Posts: 9750 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Gun Owners of America has been on the front lines of every second amendment fight in the last decade. The NRA approved of the bump sock ban. GOA fought it. GOA gets my money.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun Owners of America
National Association for Gun Rights
Second Amendment Foundation
Jews for the preservation of firearms ownership (JPFO)

The first three came from a quick search, JPFO was recommended to me years ago by a friend.

Posts: 979 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

is one I'd look heavily at... they and GOA are leading the battle in the courts, state by state.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2676 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Gun Owners of America has been on the front lines of every second amendment fight in the last decade. The NRA approved of the bump sock ban. GOA fought it. GOA gets my money.

GOA is doing great, and I'm quite impressed. I rejoined them after not even thinking about them for about 20 years.

NRA -- I'm a life patron member. I haven't kicked in any more money since becoming a patron member, for no particular reason. I guess I figured that since the mid-80's they already got a fair amount from me.

For the last decade or so, most of my donations have gone to my state level organization since most of the legislative threats have been at the state level in recent years.

New money will go to GOA and the state level org, unless something changes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
The SAF, Second Amendment Foundation is great and I also support my state organization ISRA. There are other good ones but if i could choose only one it would be SAF. Thanks for inquiring!

https://www.saf.org/

100% agree

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I support my state organizations much more than anyone like the NRA.
The NRA have historically done the work to change federal law but are now a corrupt enterprise.

Posts: 9549 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
In VA we have the stellar VCDL (Virginia Citizen's Defense League) which has done more to support the 2A than any national organization, in recent years at least. I'd urge the OP to find a local organization, and get involved with it by volunteering, and otherwise helping out in addition to paying dues.

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
For those who live in Arizona, the AzCDL, Arizona Citizens Defense League is THE organization to support.

All of the positive legislation in Arizona for the last 20 years is the direct result of their political action.

Mrs. Flash and I are Life Members.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for GOA and FPC on the national level.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAF and GOA. I'm member of the NRA because one of my Ranges requires it for membership.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post