SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Questions for Kureg owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions for Kureg owners Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
There was a Scientific American article, back in the days before it went 'All Man-made Global Warming Climate Change, All The Time' about the science/chemistry of coffee. There were hundreds of flavor-affecting chemicals that come out at different points (time/temperature) of the brewing.

The bottom line as I recall, was that what comes out of the grounds chemically varies during the time it's being made. In other words, the first bit of liquid is not identical to the last bit, and what results is the blend of them all.

So since a pod is capable of making a big cup of coffee, it could surely make two small cups of equal measure. But those two small cups would not taste the same as one another, nor either one taste the same as the one large cup.

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The k cups for tea can be used twice. It's a bit weaker but still drinkable

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I ran out yesterday and wanted a covfefe before I started my day. I don't drink anything hot so I always add ice to my coffee. I reused the k-cup that was still in the machine and just let it cool instead of adding ice. It was weak but tasted a little like coffee.

I don't think using it a second time makes sense unless you run out completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I don't drink red bull or 5hr energy anymore.

Sorry, couldn't resist bringing those threads back up....good on you for kicking that stuff.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post