SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anti-Gun Control capitalism at it's finest: 3D-print guns for Houston gun buyback
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-Gun Control capitalism at it's finest: 3D-print guns for Houston gun buyback Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The guy in the first picture wearing the red shirt holding the rifle looks like he is turning in a Japanese Type 38 from World War II or earlier.
There history goes from 1906 to 1945. It would be a shame to destroy it even tho it may not be worth a lot of money based on condition.
This is the problem with gun buy back programs, they have to destroy every thing they take in from what I have heard.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Houston held its second gun buyback event yesterday and collected over 1200 guns. I think they collected proportionately less junk than last time. You can see in the first video a blue S&W box for a revolver and a S&W SD/SV series semi-auto. Those guns would have to be in lousy shape to be worth less than $150.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Does TX have a state law that requires those guns to be auctioned or sold off to FFLs once the police are done processing them? Pretty AZ has a law like that so those guns don't get destroyed.

Posts: 3528 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They got a lot of junk. The news story I saw showed a lot of single barrel, break open shotguns, antique exposed hammer double shotguns, broken stock break action rifles, etc. You know, just the kind of guns criminals use. I guess they probably got some respectable guns, too.

And, a guy I know, who runs a gun range and who is an inveterate gun tinkerer, took a box of broken slides, frames, and other pieces of junk (and they must have been junk, or he would have kept them for parts) and sold them "back" for $50 each, netting himself $850. Again, keeping all those dangerous broken gun parts off the street.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Does TX have a state law that requires those guns to be auctioned or sold off to FFLs once the police are done processing them? Pretty AZ has a law like that so those guns don't get destroyed.

I don't believe so. In the news report, the mayor and police chief say that they will run the serial numbers for the guns collected. Stolen guns will attempt to be returned to their rightful owners. Crime guns will be turned over to detectives or DA. The rest will be destroyed.

I do know of other police departments in TX that sell off their confiscated guns to FFLs.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
There's a Nylon 66 on top that pile in the left bin!

Frown

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Frown

Damn, you're right! It still has a scope mounted. Someone turned that in for a $200 gift card.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Frown

Damn, you're right! It still has a scope mounted. Someone turned that in for a $200 gift card.

"I just want it out of my house before it KILLS someone!"

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post