SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need quality nail clipper recommendation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need quality nail clipper recommendation. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
Just broke mine that I have been using for about 15 years.

I just need a good quality clipper that won't leave jagged edges, or crush the nail rather than cut. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I have had a couple department store ones that were crap.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
My barber has some Lacrosse clippers I really liked.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
There was a whole thread on this a month or two ago.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Found it. Thanks. Guess I'll go by the suggestions there.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Wife does/did nails for years. I have many a pair to choose from.

Korean “Three Seven (777)” are fantastic.
Harperton are pretty damn good.
Revlon cheap ass clippers aren’t bad, but crap compared to the two above.

Just my $0.02

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

There were some good suggestions there. I picked up a set of the Klhips. Holy crap do they work well. Almost too well. Spendy though.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

There were some good suggestions there. I picked up a set of the Klhips. Holy crap do they work well. Almost too well. Spendy though.

Oh my, those are pricy Eek .
I ended up ordering some of the Harpertons on Amazon.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Dovo - made in Solingen Germany.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
No thread is complete without a cat picture or two. I have a nice pic of Scruffy getting his nails done with my Tweezerman clippers I'll try to dig out. Made in China, the two-pack is $11 at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Mehaz was my last quality brand but someone swiped them.

Since they typically stay in the shower accessories rack, even stainless clippers tend to fall apart after enough time goes by. So I've gone over to replacements of Better quality, rather than Best quality.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
It’s kinda funny. Two clipper threads on a gun board. I love this place! My cheap clipper broke the same time the last thread started. I ended up with GreenBell g1008. They are heavy and a bit long. Makes quick work of the task at hand.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post