SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What happened to Monkeypox?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Monkeypox? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Oh, excuse me- Mpox. United Primates International sued to get their name taken off this con job, so now it's Mpox. It goes by other, more colorful and descriptive names, too.

Why ain't we all dead of it? It's a sorry pandemic, I tell you.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Didn't want to offend the gay population. So, the chapter is closed. On to the next scamdemic!

Q

Posts: 26480 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Queer, isn’t it?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Queer, isn’t it?
I see what you did there.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Got this Yahoo notification on monkeypox the other day from Yahoo. It's the Prince of pox viruses.

Apparently it's now being referred to as Mpox since "Monkeypox" is racist. "Formerly known as Monkeypox." These people keep getting more ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I read a discussion in a Seattle subreddit a few months back and there was a... very liberal lady absolutely tearing the gay population apart for it. She firmly stated repeatedly that she was probably further left than all of them and that she wasn't about to change anything in her life, and sure as hell not get vaccinated "for a gay man's disease I'm not going to get." There was something about the government having enough say over her body, and some really weak arguments from the gay dudes, and then some absolute savaging from her. It really was something to behold. The cognitive dissonance, the will to march to the same beat being thrown off rhythm with this lady's booming kettle drum. Glorious to watch them have at each other.

All those comments got removed.

Essentially it quickly become obvious what it was: A gay man's STD, and so the left buried it. Hard to get everyone who doesn't have gay or bi sex terrified about something they're not going to get.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So how is the term “Monkeypox” racist? I know I’m gonna throw up a little in my mouth when I hear the explanation……JSMH.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
United Primates International sued to get their name taken off this con job, so now it's Mpox

I believe their threats included something about going all 'Planet of the Apes' on everybody if they didn't change the name... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8952 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So how is the term “Monkeypox” racist?
Frack if I know. It was the WHO that did it. Idiots all.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Disappeared faster than the flu once Covid was announced.

Posts: 3555 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
It's over because the midterms were a month ago.

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So how is the term “Monkeypox” racist? I know I’m gonna throw up a little in my mouth when I hear the explanation……JSMH.

Ask Howard Cosell.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3462 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I think it was mostly just made up, and you only got it if you watch the news.

Next up, RhinosaurusPox.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Maybe Buttpox will be seasonal for next year?

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy decided to catch everything all at once so we don't have to:

Italian Man Diagnosed With COVID, Monkeypox, HIV at Same Time

A 36 year old man in Italy appears to be the world’s first documented case of being diagnosed with COVID-19, monkeypox, and HIV at the same time according to a recent case report published in the Journal of Infection.

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Was that the guy who got his dog infected with it?

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for sigmonkey to post a quip in this thread.

Is he OK?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Was that the guy who got his dog infected with it?

Yup. Along with several farm animals and and a rodent.

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I was waiting for sigmonkey to post a quip in this thread.

Is he OK?

It’s been months since he posted. I don’t know how he’s doing.

Posts: 26941 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post