SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Transgenders in the military
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transgenders in the military Login/Join 
posted
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ilitary-ban-n1255522

Without getting into the whole transgender serving issue again, at least a couple things struck me
From the article:

“While the Trump administration maintained its policy was not a “ban,” it did prevent transgender people who plan to pursue gender-affirming hormones or surgery from enlisting”

So those just wanting the taxpayer to fund them once again get a free ride?

“ Thousands of transgender people already serve in the military. A 2016 Department of Defense survey estimated that 1 percent, or 8,980, active duty troops were transgender. Using the same data, the Palm Center, which studies LGBTQ people in the military, estimated that an additional 5,727 transgender people were in the Selected Reserve, bringing the total estimated number of transgender troops serving in 2016 to 14,707.

Seriously? Given the minuscule percentage of them in the general population, these numbers are just not believable to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tn226,

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
200+ page thread on biden* here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/8930089854/p/213 Since it was expected, it's hardly news.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
200+ page thread on biden* here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/8930089854/p/213 Since it was expected, it's hardly news.

Not news? No kidding. Ergo “as expected”

This isn’t about Biden per se. it’s about the two specific items from the article.

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
"As expected, Biden reverses ban on transgender in the military"

This isn't about 'Biden' per se... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't trust half the people I work with in a real situation, what their title is makes no difference to me.

Long as they are decent I'm not gonna assume they are any better or worse than the others I work with.

I'll make that determination when I meet them personally and see their character.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
"As expected, Biden reverses ban on transgender in the military"

This isn't about 'Biden' per se... Roll Eyes
Perhaps not, but it IS about who is telling him what to do and say.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an effort to soothe the shattered nerves, the title is changed. Big Grin

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
No. Not just no, but “fuck no, hella bbq sauce, fuck that fag Lizzie shit, no, with a double dose of fuck no with a sharp stick, fuck no.

You can’t figure out your gender, or identity. We need people who are warriors. Not fucking social justice warriors. Warriors like the goddamned definition. Vikings, Dae Joyeong, Julius Caesar, Frederick the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte. Not some mincy faggot balls shrinking.

Movie clip to explain the mincy faggot balls.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I’m not a doctor but I do know if you can’t figure out if you are a boy (outie) or a girl (innie) you probably shouldn’t be handling weapons....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’m not a doctor but I do know if you can’t figure out if you are a boy (outie) or a girl (innie) you probably shouldn’t be handling weapons....

No shit. I wouldn't want to bet on an "it" having my back in a stressful situation.

The left wants our military to be a social experiment. They eschew the notion that it really serves to break and kill things in defense of our liberty. Pajama boys and "its" need not apply.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as we are letting women who are masculine and think they should be men dress as men and use the men's facilities, I don't think it will be a huge problem. Unless they decide they want to be women again, and nature takes it's course...

I really don't think men dressing as women and using the women's facilities is going to fly. Dudes will probably get the shit kicked out of them by the women.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Beck didn't have a lot left to prove.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Beck

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my rifle
This is my gun,
This is for shooting
This is for fun

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Beck didn't start transitioning until after the military.

So, I have to fight tooth and nail to finish out my time because of hearing loss along with being limited on what MOS I can choose but a recruit who doesn't know if he is Timmy or Tammy, he/she/they or it is fine to serve.

They wonder when my team SGT asked if I was re-enlisting and if not why... Hmmm. You tell me.

These various administrations have turned the US Military into a PC organization who only worries about special little groups.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Beck didn't have a lot left to prove.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Beck

Based on a diagnosis from the DSM IV sexual identity.( Wether he served honorable or not is irrelevant.) Something is wrong with people who believe they are a different sex.

And in my opinion they shouldn’t serve because it is a real medically diagnosed disease.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
So, I have to fight tooth and nail to finish out my time because of hearing loss along with being limited on what MOS I can choose but a recruit who doesn't know if he is Timmy or Tammy, he/she/they or it is fine to serve.

They wonder when my team SGT asked if I was re-enlisting and if not why... Hmmm. You tell me.

Exactly this!

Our SIL has been in the Army for about 13 years or so. He was originally going to stay for the whole 20. He was recently having some problems during PT so they did an EKG on him and suspected that he may have an enlarged chamber in his heart. He's now waiting on the results of an Echo test to know for sure. They have already suggested that if that's what the problem is, they will probably just medically discharge him regardless of what he wants to do. Now that the Biden administration has taken over he is actually kind of hoping things will turn out that way. Even if he is fine physically, he has decided he wants out. He has a year left on his current contract or whatever they call it but he will try to get out of it if he can.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
If you’re born with a twig and berries, you’re male. If not, you’re female. Simple really.

This is just another thing Democrats are using to divide and conquer. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Allowing it is contrary to good order and discipline. The living quarters on USN vessels are no place for "I think I have female parts".

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
Mental illness. Plain and simple. During my time in Army aviation as a Medivac crew chief, I never wanted anyone near my helicopter that wasn't 100% there. Had a good friend who did the avionics for our choppers. Walked out on the flight line to mine one day and he was smoking pot in it. Although we were really tight, that was the end of his military career. I could not let someone put us in mortal danger with a "F" up when we needed it the most. No way should anyone who isn't crystal clear on who they are be allowed anywhere near those who must trust their team with their lives. Absolutely not. It is insane to think that someone who can't decide who they are be anywhere near the danger zone.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I believe Beck didn't start transitioning until after the military.

My understanding Beck also didn't advocate for chemical therapy while in but, was more of an issue when in civilian clothes.

quote:
...estimated that 1 percent, or 8,980, active duty troops were transgender

I find that very hard to believe, a very, very generous estimation IMO.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post