SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Cooper's "Fireworks"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Cooper's "Fireworks" Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
I was reading this collection of Cooper's short stories and recollections and a statement in the closing paragraph of his dissertation on the value of money and the lack thereof struck me as prophetic:

"If history is any guide, when that time comes everything will immediately be declared illegal. EVERYTHING, from gasoline engines to criticizing The Committee. Guns of any kind, of course."

Boys and Girls, Orwell has nothing on Jeff Cooper.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have no choice, you have no freedom.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ag111ga
posted Hide Post
Not many people know this but Jeff Cooper's commentaries, also known as "Gunsite Gossip", are available for download (personal use ONLY):

http://dvc.org.uk/jeff/download.html

I read the most of them in G&A many years ago but they're still fascinating today.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Posts: 239 | Location: Denmark | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ag111ga:
Not many people know this but Jeff Cooper's commentaries, also known as "Gunsite Gossip", are available for download (personal use ONLY):

http://dvc.org.uk/jeff/download.html

I read the most of them in G&A many years ago but they're still fascinating today.

Thanks. I'll enjoy rereading them.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the link - I have not read anything from Jeff Cooper in quite a while and will enjoy doing so.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.” ― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post