SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, The Badlands and Devil’s Tower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, The Badlands and Devil’s Tower Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Did that same trip, minus Devil's Tower, a few years ago.

I really liked Custer State Park. Stayed at the lodge there.

We had great weather in the Badlands, even though it was hot as bejeesus elsewhere on the trip.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
those dogs were not there when we passed through,

Big Grin

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Nice Jeff!

Looks like fun!

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Being located 5 hours North of there, we try to get down there, camp, and see the sights at least yearly. It's amazing territory. The best part is what you can find by turning off on small forest service dirt roads and not being affraid to explore.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Jeff were you just at Hart Ranch for a Foretravel rally?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Jeff were you just at Hart Ranch for a Foretravel rally?

Why, yes I was. We’re you? :+)

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have been here all summer working on the grounds crew I marveled at your gorgeous coach while picking up your garbage.

Big Grin

I am a member here for 6 years now.

Based out of Hart Ranch and SD spend my summers and fall here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Wow, it’s a small world! You should have stopped by!

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
If I would of only knew that was you! In the words of Maxwell Smart “missed it by that much”. Lol been coming to the Black Hills for most of my life. Have to ask, the Foretravel coach with what looked like brownies painted on it, what’s the story behind it?

Enjoy your travels stay safe!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
My Dad has a cousin with a ranch between Hot Springs and Edgemont, agreed that is beautiful country.

What renovations are they doing at Rushmore?

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sweet pics. I haven’t seen SD or that part of WY in 23 years and would love to visit again.

Posts: 3152 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the family out there last year.
I love that part of the country! It was the wife and kids first time out that way. They were nuts about it!
Spearfish Canyon is beautiful, especially on a motorcycle or convertible. The back way into Devils Tower is another gorgeous ride. There's a scenic road from just west of there (Buffalo Wy) going into Cody that's worth the trip!

The only problem with that area is getting there. I-80 and I-90 are awfully boring roads thru Nebraska and 3/4 of South Dakota.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
We did Custer, Rushmore, Wind Cave, Deadwood and then north to Teddy Roosevelt NP in N. Dakota. That sets you up to head west to Little Big Horn then drop down to Red Lodge and enter Yellowstone via Beartooth Pass.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Took the family out there last year.
I love that part of the country! It was the wife and kids first time out that way. They were nuts about it!
Spearfish Canyon is beautiful, especially on a motorcycle or convertible. The back way into Devils Tower is another gorgeous ride. There's a scenic road from just west of there (Buffalo Wy) going into Cody that's worth the trip!

The only problem with that area is getting there. I-80 and I-90 are awfully boring roads thru Nebraska and 3/4 of South Dakota.

Thats when you take off about Oglala and head to Chimney Rock, Scottsbluff, Alliance, Chadron or head to Caspar and Sheridan. Both are fine drives taking you there.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post