SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-recruiting-n2632541

Law firm Edelson PC has decided to end recruiting at Harvard Law School over president Claudine Gay’s disastrous congressional testimony, in which she argued context was needed to determine whether calls for Jewish genocide violated the school’s bullying and harassment policies.

The firm’s CEO Jay Edelson announced the change in a Dec. 14 letter to the Law School’s director of recruitment and operations, Jesse Ohrenberger.

“We, along with the rest of the nation, observed Dr. Claudine Gay’s testimony before Congress, wherein she refused to unequivocally state that advocating for genocide would breach the school’s code of conduct,” Edelson wrote. “In light of these events, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue our participation in on-campus interviews.”

Edelson’s decision came "despite [Gay's] belated apology."

"[T]he gravity of her initial response cannot be overlooked. As an expert in political and social studies, Dr. Gay certainly knew to expect the types of questions that would be asked of her," Edelson wrote in his letter.

He noted that the firm’s move will not punish students. Rather than recruiting on campus, they committed to "exploring alternative channels to connect with those students interested in opportunities at Edelson PC, ensuring that our actions are directed appropriately at the administration and do not penalize students for matters beyond their control."

too bad about the last paragraph

Posts: 19711 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just how much leverage does the United States have in this matter? Are we providing materiel aid such as munitions?

Are we funding this war?

It’s my understanding we give Israel quite a large amount of money and weaponry yearly, and therefore the Biden regime must feel like they can dictate terms here?

Posts: 34163 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-recruiting-n2632541

Law firm Edelson PC has decided to end recruiting at Harvard Law School ...

They have three offices--two of which are in California (San Francisco and Chico). Sounds like much ado about nothing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18056 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not good for Israel:

Initial IDF probe: Hostages were shirtless, waving white flag when soldiers opened fire

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...oldiers-opened-fire/

The IDF provides new details of yesterday’s tragic incident in Gaza City’s Shejaiya neighborhood, during which three Israeli hostages who managed to escape Hamas captivity were shot dead by troops.

According to a senior officer in the Southern Command, citing an initial probe, the incident began after one soldier stationed in a building identified three suspicious figures exiting a building several dozen meters away.

All three were shirtless, with one of the figures carrying a stick with a makeshift white flag, according to the investigation.

The soldier, who believed the men moving toward him was an attempt by Hamas to lure IDF soldiers into a trap, immediately opened fire and shouted “terrorists!” to the other forces.

According to the probe, that soldier killed two of the men, while the third, who was hit and wounded, fled back into the building from which he came.

At that stage, the commander of the battalion, who was also in the building where the soldier shot from, went outside and called on the forces to halt their fire.

Meanwhile, sounds of someone shouting “Help” in Hebrew were heard by the troops in the area.

Moments later, the third man came out of the building to which he fled, and another soldier opened fire at him, killing him.

The battalion commander then realized that the appearance of the third man was unusual, and it was revealed to be an Israeli hostage. All three bodies were collected and taken to Israel to be identified.

The soldier who immediately opened fire upon identifying the three men did so against protocols, as did the second soldier who killed the third man, according to the officer.

Still, the IDF said it understands what led the soldiers to do so.

In Shejaiya, the senior officer says the IDF has not identified any Palestinian civilians in recent days.

The officer says troops have killed at least 38 Palestinian terror operatives in Shejaiya in recent days.

The only people seen wearing civilian clothing have been Hamas operatives, often unarmed. The operatives collect weapons left behind in various buildings, open fire at troops, and then flee again unarmed to another building.

The IDF has also encountered several seemingly unarmed civilians in Shejaiya, who later turned out to be Hamas suicide bombers.

There have also been several attempts by Hamas in the area to lure soldiers into an ambush.

On Wednesday, in what was initially thought to be unrelated to yesterday’s deadly mistaken shooting, the officer says that several hundred meters away the troops found a building with spray paint on the wall reading “SOS” in English, and another spray-painted message reading, in Hebrew, “Help, three hostages.”

The soldiers at the time believed the building was booby-trapped, but now the military is investigating a possible connection to yesterday’s incident.

Immediately following the incident, the IDF sent new protocols to ground troops for the possibility of more hostages managing to flee captivity.

The scenario itself, of hostages walking around in a battle zone, was never taken into account by the IDF.

The initial probe was completed today by the head of the IDF Southern Command, Maj. Gen. Yaron Finkelman and IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi, and also presented to the families of Yotam Haim, Samar Talalka and Alon Lulu Shamriz, who were killed by the troops.

Posts: 12874 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
wouldn't be surprised if Hamas, sent those three out trying to get them shot. Hamas clearly knows how to use media to influence political figures into an action that is beneficial to Hamas.

Posts: 23811 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
too bad about the last paragraph

I agree! Too easy to say, screw you, Harvard!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38948 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
With respect to the tunnel flooding, my back of the envelope calculation, using 310 miles of tunnel (per HAMASS), with an average diameter of 6 feet (I guessed at this) means the IDF needs to pump around 5.2M cubic meters of seawater to flood the tunnels.

They are using pumps capable of a few thousand cubic meters of water per hour.

The IDF either needs more pumps, or plans to be in Gaza for > 100 days.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31622 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
With respect to the tunnel flooding, my back of the envelope calculation, using 310 miles of tunnel (per HAMASS), with an average diameter of 6 feet (I guessed at this) means the IDF needs to pump around 5.2M cubic meters of seawater to flood the tunnels.

If the IDF wants to pursue this strategy I think a great deal of Hamas would start escaping as soon as they saw that the IDF was really serious about drowning them. Maybe knee deep in water in a darkened tunnel? I could be wrong on that but it does seem we saw a lot of Hamas surrendering very early in the conflict. Last thing I read was that the IDF was reluctant to flooding due to hostages.

Posts: 7597 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
In addition to the flooding, add a gazillion stinging jellyfish in that water.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Back on pg. 39 of this thread, I posted this:

"Assuming the tunnel is 300 miles long, 6' tall and 4' wide, the required water to fill it is about 304 million gallons. The largest portable pump I could find online pumps 28,000 gallons per minute. At that rate, one pump could flood the tunnel in 7.5 days, if my calcs are correct."

Assuming a 2m x 2m opening for 310 miles, yields almost 2,000,000 cubic meters. At 264 gallons per cubic meter, that comes to 528,344,000 gallons. As I posted, I found a portable water pump that can pump 28,000 gallons per minute. Finally, 528,344,000 gal/(28000 gal/min)/(1440 min/day) comes to 13 days, or less than 2 weeks. Add another pumo or two, and it doesn't take long. Probably the ability of the watr to penetrate into the tunnel is slower than the rate it can be pumped.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4926 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
As Bytes eluded to, I don't think the tunnels have to be completely flooded to be effective.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38948 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
As Bytes eluded to, I don't think the tunnels have to be completely flooded to be effective.

I think calf deep water would probably have a pretty good psychological effect.

Imagine just sitting there watching it rise slowly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20950 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ And, there is live power in those tunnels. Pretty soon, there will be bad effects....total darkness at best. And rising water...

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
And, there is live power in those tunnels.

That was my first thought when I read about the idea of flooding them.

God bless America.

Posts: 13623 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Water is fine, but I still favor methane and a match.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Water is fine, but I still favor methane and a match.

https://youtu.be/CgztUzqaL3E?si=1vsF0eOomafj3vy0

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8409 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
What they don’t realize is that horror is most certainly going to touch them eventually, especially as a direct result of the people they helped put in power. Millions of undocumented invaders most certainly include numerous radicalized terrorists. The terrorists know that leftist enclaves are the least protected areas in the country. Horror is coming; all we can do is be mentally and physically prepared to meet them when it happens.

Keep in mind, the kibbutz near the border where Hamas' massacred/kidnapped most of the residents, was very open to Palestinian workers. Many kibbutz's bring in foreign workers to help farm, this is why there was so many Thai workers killed and abducted. Amongst the foreigners is a program to allow Palestinians from Gaza, to enter Israel an opportunity to have a job and earn income at one of the cross-border Israeli communities. Most of these communities along the border regions are quite Left, very secular, and they despise Netanyahu as much as the Western Left hates DJT; these communities resemble a modern day version of the Back-to-the-Land movement of the 1970's. Unfortunately, their openness, generosity and magnanimity was returned in murderous depravity.

Posts: 14850 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, their openness, generosity and magnanimity was returned in murderous depravity.

This is true across the globe, yet, Leftists never learn.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10753 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this really gets old

https://www.breitbart.com/midd...israels-war-conduct/

Israel’s tactics in prosecuting its war against Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip has reportedly been actively gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies with reports passed to lawmakers.

Politico reports while American officials say they withholding judgments in real-time about Israel’s observance of the laws of war, the gathered intelligence might allow it to make such assessments post-conflict as to the conduct of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in relation to international law.

The outlet goes on to relate State Department officials are also collecting reports of alleged, potential Israeli violations through a system unveiled in August called the Civilian Harm Incident Response Guidance, or CHIRG, according to Josh Paul, who quit the department over concerns about its approach to the war.

Paul alleged some officials within the department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs have asked State’s legal wing to “provide information about their potential international law exposure as a result of approving these sales.”

also at link, a short video of IDF dealing w tunnel hole in the ground

Posts: 19711 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
When has ANY radical Islamic group EVER followed any rules? They can do whatever they want to Israel and crickets. Kidnap and murder civilian women children, no problem. Israel defends itself against these vile terrorists and our administration looks at any way to punish them.

Posts: 1794 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post