SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honda quietly made the most compelling argument against electric motorcycles
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honda quietly made the most compelling argument against electric motorcycles Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
If electric bikes are the way of the future why are no current motorcycle companies making them or taking them seriously 1s1k?
They most certainly are taking them very seriously. MPG is not such a concern like it is for the car manufacturers trying to hit CAFE numbers. The motorcycle manufacturers also didn’t get billions of our tax money or have the same mandates so of course they are going to be behind development wise compared to the car companies. Don’t mistake that for not thinking that there is a huge direction shift of quite a few classes of motorcycles.

The motorcycle manufactures have even done something the car manufacturers haven’t been able to do and that is getting some battery and charging commonality among competing manufacturers.

Honda, KTM, Piaggio, and Yamaha have already signed an E-Motorcycle Battery Agreement.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/u...ttery-agreement/amp/

The goal is to have swappable Batteries and common chargers for Motorcycles, ATV’s, Mopeds, and other Light Electric vehicles made up of Honda, KTM, Piaggio, and Yamaha so far.

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I like my '70 Trail 90. The little bugger will still climb trees.

Posts: 20120 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Nukeandpave, Harley didn’t make the LiveWire? You sure you’re not thinking of the Victory Empulse TT that was manufactured by Brammo? .

Razz
Maybe. Or maybe this
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05...ikes-kids/index.html

HD designed and built the Livewire it wasn't an acquired company, what he's talking about is a electric BIKE company, for kids.

Second post was a joke .
Stick is correct, I was thinking about Polaris/Brammo.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... didn't take long for the modders to hang off the bars and dream ...

MAD Industries Spectacular Streetfighter

(source: autoevolution.com)
... looking more at the Grom, might get me riding again.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... didn't take long for the modders to hang off the bars and dream ...

MAD Industries Spectacular Streetfighter

(source: autoevolution.com)
... looking more at the Grom, might get me riding again.

</chris>
That looks pretty sweet. Not enough front brake for me but cool none the less.

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
(Poking the bear...)

God bless America.

Posts: 13508 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's funny

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post