SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^^ You got that right, flashguy!
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Agreed!!!

Extremely well written, sir Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Biden tells Iowans: 'We choose truth over facts'
by Zachary Halaschak
| August 08, 2019 06:19 PM

Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic front-runner crowd, left some in the crowd at the Iowa State Fair mystified when he told them: We choose truth over facts."

[

Haha, I knew there was another one that I was forgetting. That was it. Truth over facts...what?

Haha

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30295 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wordsmith!! Even though he was an admitted crook, philanderer and scoundrel, former Governor Edwin Edwards of Louisiana was always quick with a comment. Off the top of his head no less. His comment about Dave Treen his opponent in the Governors race was typical and could apply to Joe Biden. He said he Treen was so slow it takes him an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes.

Posts: 17174 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The DNC has a genuine problem. The guy who is leading the pack, they don't want him, but the candidates they do favor are so far to the left, they make Lenin look like a Congressional page boy.
But, the DNC shouldn't worry, because the guy in the lead is a buffoon and he's not gonna beat Donald Trump, so, uh, they can have a do-over and declare Kamala Harris the Mulligan candidate, and then the second time around- well, they're gonna get their collective ass handed to them again, but uhh...well, it all sounded like a good idea when they were discussing it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107252 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is the dem's frontrunner. I mean seriously, just listen to this incoherent drivel after a reporter asks Biden about China. Not a single sentence he says here makes any kind of sense. It's almost sad.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/zOobbkLLqQ8

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30295 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I watched that clip three times, rewinding a lot each time, really trying to follow where he was going with all that, and it was quite an effort. I’m afraid I didn’t quite get there. The man is incoherent. It was a gobbledegook mishmash of talking points from all across the board strung together in a way that truly doesn’t make sense.

Please let this be the man that makes it to a debate stage with a forged, based president Trump who makes him look every bit the doddering buffoon he is.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The best thing about Biden is that he has such a long political career. If he makes the cut (and I don't think he will) he will be easy to rip apart with commercials. Making him defend his past stances will prevent him from trying to articulate why he should be elected.

We are a long way out but I see either Biden or Warren being the candidate. And they are both garbage. Biden is an old white guy with a questionable record (and mental faculties) and the indian is just an angry whack job.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Again, I think the "boys in the backroom" of the Dimocrat Party have already ceded the 2020 election to DJT, and are simply letting the inmates out of the asylum now so that the public can get used to the gag reflex.

By the time 2024 rolls around, this batch of lunatic whackos will be a distant memory, and the Dimocrats can focus on getting a *REAL* candidate.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today, Biden said, “those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice president.”

The Parkland shooting happened about a year after he left office. His campaign says he meant Sandy Hook in 2012.

Hey, the two events were only six years apart. That's well within the tolerances of his fuzzy memory.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Today, Biden said, “those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice president.”

The Parkland shooting happened about a year after he left office. His campaign says he meant Sandy Hook in 2012.

Hey, the two events were only six years apart. That's well within the tolerances of his fuzzy memory.

And of course the children from somewhere obviously left an indelible impression on him. He is seriously committed to something they discussed together and has developed detailed legislation to do something about something.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Again, I think the "boys in the backroom" of the Dimocrat Party have already ceded the 2020 election to DJT, and are simply letting the inmates out of the asylum now so that the public can get used to the gag reflex.

By the time 2024 rolls around, this batch of lunatic whackos will be a distant memory, and the Dimocrats can focus on getting a *REAL* candidate.

Yeah. Watch for who gets the prime time to give an address at their convention right before their nominee gets to the podium. I recall many moons ago watching their convention (for the life of me I can't recall why). I think it was 2004 when Lurch was their nominee. But the individual giving the prime time address, I remember seeing the crowd reaction as well as the polish of the stage production for it. I recall telling the MUCH better half, "Watch this guy, he's going to be dangerous." That individual was Braaaaack Hussein OZero.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And he's still number one with the Dems., which proves their minds are just as confused and wacky.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I don't think Biden is really that into this whole thing anymore and will be out by Christmas.

The Dems are going to nominate Angry Kamala or America's Scolding Mother-in-Law Warren and next year is going to be EPIC. Big Grin

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Biden has had too much surgery, and it has left him with severely diminished cognitive function but no droopy eyelids. Fair trade off?

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I know one thing for sure- The crooked vile witch Hillary Clinton will never be POTUS. This is made all the sweeter because she just KNEW that she deserved the office and she just KNEW that she had it in the bag. Then, along comes a poitical novice, the longest of long shots and the next thing ol' Hil knows, she's alone in her house with a case of scotch and her Hitachi wand.

Man, that is just the best! Cool

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Where we would be now had that evil bitch been elected? Jesus. And it would probably it would have been much worse than anything our feeble brains can imagine. <shiver> Talk about dodging a bullet; we dodged an asteroid.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
And it would probably it would have been much worse than that.

I expected bad things when the Obamanation was elected, but not as bad as they turned out. So yes, I agree. Any right-thinking individual with two brain cells to rub together who believes we would have been better off with Clinton should hire a minder to watch him when he's out on the street by himself.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I don't think Biden is really that into this whole thing anymore and will be out by Christmas.

The Dems are going to nominate Angry Kamala or America's Scolding Mother-in-Law Warren and next year is going to be EPIC. Big Grin

Fake a heart attack or something maybe.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...or, he could really die, in which case the Dems would them nominate him for their candidate, because those stupid bastards are all about empty, meaningless symbolism and appearances.
There are lots of dead Democrat voters. A dead candidate is but a short leap away. I can see it now : "Deceased-Americans have been marginalized in the workplace. We need to change that!"

The Democratic Party : Putrefaction in Action

Then, they could have Weekend at Bernie's, or some such.