SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Never forget what they took from you"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1735116162638176378

first lady Melania Trump Christmas video

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was that filmed at the White House?

I think so. You can see a similar shot down the corridor in Melania Trump video.

posted Hide Post
The Melania Trump Christmas shown was brutally ridiculed by the media.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13492 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...or-faces-questioning

Wolf, the assistant U.S. attorney who was accused of limiting questions related to President Biden during the federal investigation into Hunter Biden, is no longer employed by the Justice Department, Fox News reported Thursday.

Lesley Wolf, who served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the U.S. Attorney's Office in Delaware, is no longer with the DOJ, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The source said Wolf had longstanding plans to leave the Department of Justice and did so weeks ago.

Wolf, who IRS whistleblowers claimed slow-walked the Hunter Biden investigation, is sitting for a transcribed interview before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday morning.

Specifically, IRS whistleblower Gary Shapley alleged that Wolf worked to "limit" questioning related to President Biden and apparent references to Biden as "dad" or "the big guy."

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Was that filmed at the White House?

Yes, the dance group also has an anti-white website.

Definitely a new low point.

https://www.dorrancedance.com/...sm-education-landing

Posts: 1656 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I watched the dance video. I'm not an expert on the Nutcracker, but I didn't see anything overtly anti-Christmas etc. Not my cup of tea, but nothing too crazy.

However, if the dancers are part of some woke ideology, anti-American, SJW crowd, then they're bringing their political agenda with them to overshadow what should be a non-political event.

P229

Posts: 3948 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"Never forget what they took from you"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1735116162638176378

first lady Melania Trump Christmas video

Meanwhile, back when Melania Trump was the First Lady, the First Lady was a lady!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't Woodrow Wilson have blacks tap dancing in the White House also?

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Woodrow Wilson aside, that was the very first thought I had when I started watching that. Remember when all of the racists had blacks (or those in black face) tap dance for their entertainment once upon a time?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Good ol' Woodrow? The same 20th-Century Democrat Woodrow Wilson who formally segregated huge swathes of the Federal civil service that were previously DE-segregated? THAT Woodrow Wilson?

Why, yes. He did.

Did I mention the Democrat part?

Posts: 2527 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Now the interns tell biden what to do. the interns 20-somethings

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...fire-letter-n2632462

When NBC News published a piece last week about a letter White House interns sent to President JOE BIDEN pressuring him to call for a permanent cease-fire between Israel and Hamas, some on social media mocked the staffers for their gall to anonymously challenge the president and then leak the effort to the media. Others applauded their boldness.

And some cast doubt on the legitimacy of the entire thing.

Rumors started to circulate that the letter wasn’t actually organized by White House interns, but rather someone outside the administration. A day after the NBC story published, The Hill’s BRETT SAMUELS reported a “source familiar with the letter pushed back on its significance, saying it was organized by a woman named Thara [Nagarajan] who is not directly affiliated with the White House.”

According to a screenshot reviewed by West Wing Playbook, a user named THARA NAGARAJAN mysteriously popped into the White House intern GroupMe chat the Sunday before the letter became public.

“Hi all, as the genocide of Palestinians continues, there is a public letter for White House interns to sign anonymously for those who stand with Palestine,” Nagarajan wrote, along with a link to the letter on a Google Form. She said that interns had until 6 p.m. the following day to “sign” by noting the offices that they work in — but assured everyone that no actual names or emails would be collected or revealed.

There’s no evidence suggesting that Nagarajan orchestrated the letter. Nor has anyone cast doubt that a sizable number of White House interns feel distraught about the president’s handling of the Israel-Hamas conflict.

But still, no one could figure out who Nagarajan was — or how she got access to the intern chat. After Nagarajan sent that message, she immediately left the group.

The White House doesn’t run the intern GroupMe, which serves as an informal way for the roughly 150 20-somethings to stay in touch throughout the course of their program.

So, understandably, some interns were weirded out by the situation and flagged Nagarajan’s request to their supervisors. Some who did not want to be associated with the letter’s content said they were uncomfortable with the way they were approached.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LMAO

Just saw a tweet saying that FNC The Five has dubbed phony-Doctor-Jill’s White House Christmas video as the “Hunger Games Christmas”

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
edited version of the Dr Jill christmas video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1735121164014616882

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/tree-huggin...de-the-rails-n599313

White House takes action to force government workers to travel via electric vehicle, rail

‘These operational changes will accelerate the clean transportation transformation,’ White House says

…The actions, which the White House said fulfilled President Biden’s promise to “lead by example” on tackling climate change, seek to take advantage of the federal government’s annual business travel purchasing power of $2.8 billion and status as the nation’s largest employer. Overall, government employees on official business took more than 2.8 million flights, made 2.3 million vehicle rentals and took 33,000 rail trips last year.

…Under the guidance, government employees must rent an EV on official travel when the cost of the EV is less than or equal to the most affordable comparable gas-powered vehicle available. Additionally, employees must opt for EVs when using taxis and ride-share platforms when they are cost-competitive.

In addition, employees must only use rail on trips that require less than 250 miles of travel instead of driving or flying.

For local travel, employees will be required to use public transportation, a rule that includes travel upon arriving at an offsite location.

“This will save taxpayer money and reduce pollution that jeopardizes people’s health and fuels the climate crisis,” the White House said.

more here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...possible/ar-AA1lwh1X

"The federal government will save taxpayers money, reduce emissions, strengthen our growing electric vehicle industry and create good-paying union jobs," said White House Council on Environmental Quality chair Brenda Mallory.

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Presumably this decree includes everyone. POTUS, VP, congressmen, etc.

I can't wait to see Biden riding Amtrack to then get in a Chevy Volt motorcade!

Posts: 9740 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
makes me sick

obama and biden : obamacare is now bidencare

video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1735685927027040737

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
makes me sick

obama and biden : obamacare is now bidencare

video at link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1735685927027040737

Obamacare…Bidencare, whatever.

All I know is before the laughably named “Affordable” Care Act, my yearly deductible was around $600

After Obamacare forced companies onto high deductible health plans, my yearly deductible is $6,850 Mad

Fuck Obama AND Biden

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Absolutely cringeworthy.

God bless America.

Posts: 13883 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow or other, I got an email from Biden thanking me for my continued support! Mad
I have no idea how his organization got my email address, since I have never contacted them for any reason. Or any Democrat, for that matter.
Instant Unsubscribe!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the Washington Post ???

James Biden’s dealmaking caught on FBI tapes in unrelated bribery probe
While Joe Biden campaigned in Mississippi, his brother planned to build a powerful consulting business -- a deal that brought him to the periphery of a federal case

https://www.washingtonpost.com...alert&location=alert

Richard “Dickie” Scruggs, a famed Mississippi trial attorney, was tantalizingly close to a historic deal to force tobacco companies to pay billions of dollars — but there was one last hurdle. A divided Congress had to sign off. And Scruggs had identified one of the most skeptical senators, Joe Biden, as a key to winning the vote.

Scruggs turned to Biden’s younger brother James, an old acquaintance who ran a D.C. consulting firm with his wife, Sara.

Scruggs paid the firm $100,000 in 1998 for advice on passing the bill, Scruggs said in an interview at his office here — the first time he has disclosed the amount.

“I probably wouldn’t have hired him if he wasn’t the senator’s brother,” Scruggs said.

Biden eventually backed the bill, which ultimately failed to pass Congress.

“Jim was never untoward about his influence,” Scruggs said. “He didn’t brag about it or talk about it. He didn’t have to. He was the man’s brother.”

Scruggs’s deal with James Biden highlights how President Biden’s brother has for decades benefited financially from his proximity to his powerful sibling, a relationship that is newly relevant today as congressional Republicans investigate whether President Biden assisted his family members’ business deals. During Joe Biden’s 36 years in the Senate, eight years as vice president and now three years as president, James Biden’s private business work — as a consultant for hire and behind-the-scenes political fixer — has often intersected with his brother’s public responsibilities.

For months, that probe has focused on the president’s son Hunter Biden, but the House Oversight Committee recently issued subpoenas for James and Sara Biden to testify, drawing attention to James Biden’s unique role in his brother’s life and career. James and Sara Biden’s company Lion Hall, to which Scruggs paid $100,000, also is cited in one of the subpoenas as central to the probe.

Scruggs said he did not know whether James Biden had talked to his brother about his vote, “but I hope he did.” Paul J. Fishman, a lawyer for James and Sara Biden, said in an email that neither had talked to Joe Biden about the tobacco settlement bill. “Jim Biden’s consulting work has never involved speaking with or providing access to his brother for this or any other client,” Fishman said.

The White House did not respond to a list of questions from The Washington Post about President Biden’s action on the tobacco legislation and, more broadly, on his relationship with his brother and whether he has ever used his public position to help him financially.

The deal with Lion Hall also illuminates the Bidens’ decades-long relationship with Scruggs, once one of the country’s most powerful trial lawyers, who made his fortune taking on corporate interests and making friends in politics. Scruggs took James Biden on a boat trip while discussing a potential partnership on asbestos lawsuits; flew Joe Biden on his private plane to a fundraiser; and met with Biden family members at a University of Mississippi football game, Scruggs and his associates said in interviews.

But James and Sara Biden’s ties to Scruggs also later brought them to the periphery of a sweeping federal investigation, one that eventually led to the trial lawyer’s epic downfall in 2008 over a bribery scheme.

As FBI agents circled in on Scruggs and his associates over a plan to deliver $40,000 in bribes to a local judge, they also secretly recorded conversations with James Biden — who, at the same time, was trying to create a consulting firm with the Scruggs partners. Neither James Biden nor his brother was charged or accused of wrongdoing in the case, which led to prison for Scruggs and several of his associates, including James Biden’s would-be partners.

Fishman, asked about this case, responded by email that “more than fifteen years ago, Jim and Sara Biden had serious discussions” with Scruggs’s associates in Mississippi “about starting a firm that would provide legal and consulting services. That venture never got off the ground. Jim and Sara were not aware of or involved in any unethical or illegal behavior” by the associates.

Much of the material related to James Biden in the Mississippi case is not available in court files, but the recordings, transcripts and other material were collected by Curtis Wilkie, who wrote a 2010 book about Scruggs, “The Fall of the House of Zeus,” which reported a number of details about the Biden connections. Wilkie granted permission for The Post to review his archives at the University of Mississippi, including FBI recordings of James Biden. In addition, The Post reviewed thousands of pages of court records and other material and interviewed key participants.

Patterson said that in the early 1990s he introduced Scruggs to James Biden, who hoped to work on the trial lawyer’s lucrative cases against asbestos manufacturers accused of causing lung disease. Scruggs said in an interview that he took James Biden, along with Patterson, on a 50-foot Hatteras boat to an island off the Mississippi coast.

A partnership on asbestos cases did not materialize, but an even more enticing possibility soon emerged. Scruggs sued cigarette manufacturers, alleging that they had cost states hundreds of billions of dollars through Medicaid, citing insider information showing the companies knew their product was addictive and hid that fact for decades. (The events were later dramatized in the 1999 movie “The Insider,” filmed partly at Scruggs’s Pascagoula home.) Scruggs eventually oversaw a case in which he believed that the companies would have to pay $368 billion.

But members of Congress were divided about the settlement, which required federal legislation to waive antitrust provisions, according to their statements and hearing transcripts from the time. That concerned Biden, then the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, who said in a 1997 news release that he was “not yet convinced that this settlement is a good deal” for the American people. A few days later, Biden said at a hearing that if the deal wasn’t improved, it would go “down the tubes.”

Scruggs was at risk of losing hundreds of millions of dollars in legal fees without a deal. Scruggs said Patterson urged him to talk to Joe Biden, so he went to Washington in mid-1997 and met with the senator for the first time, as well as with other lawmakers he considered to be potential roadblocks. He said he realized he needed more help winning over the senator from Delaware and other members of Congress. That is when he turned to James and his wife, Sara, a former congressional aide.

Starting on April 9, 1998, Scruggs made a series of $10,000 payments to their firm, Lion Hall, during a year-long period. Those payments totaled $100,000, according to records that Scruggs provided to The Post.

When a larger version of the tobacco settlement finally reached the Senate floor in June 1998, Biden had gone from being one of its biggest critics to becoming one of its leading defenders — a significant victory for Scruggs.

Biden’s support wasn’t enough. After the vote, Biden said Republicans, who had largely opposed the legislation, had been swayed by an intensive tobacco industry advertising blitz.

At the time, little was known about Lion Hall. But one lawsuit at the time alleged that James and Sara Biden openly sought to benefit from their connection to Joe Biden.

more at link. Washington Post ? turning on biden?