SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mod pizza with protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mod pizza with protection Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted
Mod pizza w/ham, BACON, pepperoni, pineapple, and olives. Lone Pint Brewery Yellow Rose Smash IPA.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooohhhh, that's what they mean when they say "get some damn grease " for your Sigs Wink

Looks delish!

Posts: 215 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Im sorry my friend, but imho there no place for pineapple on a pizza, to each his own I guess. Nice protection btw.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Beer nerd here, what malt and hop are used in the IPA?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Mod pizza isnt half bad. I wish they had a thicker, softer crust option. I love how they pile in the toppings and dont charge you extra. Pick whatever toppings you want for 1 price.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I tried my first Mod Pizza last week. It was decent.

Sauce could use some flavoring (some herbs and garlic).

Crust was okay but could be a little more crisp on the bottom and could use some more flavor (some sweetness perhaps, it was a little bland).

I got a red, mozzarella and basil pizza. I might try the Dillon(?) next time. It's okay, better than most places around here - closer to NY style than most.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13085 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

From their web site:

Yellow Rose
A SMaSH, Single Malt and Single Hop, IPA using a caboodle (technical term for a large amount of malt) of malt and a new hop released in 2012 called Mosaic (HBC 369). It is a daughter of Simcoe (YCR 14), one of our favorite hops. Whole cone Mosaic is used for bittering, flavoring, and aroma in the kettle; it is also massively dry hopped. The beer is named after a Texas Heroine.
Tasting notes: chalk-white head with a very clean malt backbone. The hops impart strong grapefruit, pineapple, and blueberry flavor and aroma. A strong beer that is extremely quaffable.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

posted Hide Post
I'm with you on everything except for the olives

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
That pizza looks soooo good. I am starting to drool on my keyboard.

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Is the crust supposed to be charred black around the edges?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:

From their web site:

Yellow Rose
A SMaSH, Single Malt and Single Hop, IPA using a caboodle (technical term for a large amount of malt) of malt and a new hop released in 2012 called Mosaic (HBC 369). It is a daughter of Simcoe (YCR 14), one of our favorite hops. Whole cone Mosaic is used for bittering, flavoring, and aroma in the kettle; it is also massively dry hopped. The beer is named after a Texas Heroine.
Tasting notes: chalk-white head with a very clean malt backbone. The hops impart strong grapefruit, pineapple, and blueberry flavor and aroma. A strong beer that is extremely quaffable.

Thanks, Mosaics are great hops...I need to buy some more!

I like MOD pizza and we have another one here called Pizzacato, same idea. I get my $'s worth by having them add a lot of toppings.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
The pineapple on the pizza was all the "protection" you needed. It's safe from theft. Big Grin

But if that's how you like your pizza, enjoy.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Is the crust supposed to be charred black around the edges?

Yup. They fast cook them in a clay or stone oven. Not always charred but it happens. I either get the white sauce or the basil garlic rub instead of red sauce. Their red is kind of lacking.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What in the world is that yellow stuff on the pizza?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Had lunch there for the first time today. Good pizza. So many options I want to go back and try some different things.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
What is a Mod pizza?

Almost always get pineapple on our pizzas.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
What in the world is that yellow stuff on the pizza?

Pineapple... Mmmmm Good!!

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man that looks good! I have not had a good pizza in a few weeks.

I will admit, I was one of those people that scoffed at pineapple on pizza. Why it's like fruit in beer - who does that! But then I actually tried it....and yea....where have you been all my life!

I might make a pizza today Smile

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I either get the white sauce or the basil garlic rub instead of red sauce. Their red is kind of lacking.

I will have to try that next time. I agree their red sauce leaves much to be desired.

quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Nice protection btw.

Just returned after a morning at the range. Buddy of mine and his wife are planning to get their carry cards. She hates his M&P 40. So I brought some for her to try. But after watching me shoot some 357 SIG, she didn't want to even try it. She did like the MUCH better half's 238 though.